Zipp 454 NSW Carbon Tubeless Disc Brake Wheelset
Realised via Zipp’s “Total System Efficiency” (TSE) design concept, the 454 NSW Carbon Tubeless Disc Brake Wheelset blends aerodynamics, low weight, reduced rolling resistance and comfort in equal measures to grant increased speed in a wide variety of real-world riding conditions.
The rims use Zipp’s finest carbon fibre material and most meticulous manufacturing processes to guarantee lower weight and increased lateral stiffness. This carbon is formed into an undulating 53/58mm deep SawTooth rim profile that uses Hyperfoil nodes to markedly lower drag and increases crosswind stability. The SawTooth rim shape also improves lateral stiffness for snappier acceleration and consistent climbing pace. HexFin ABLC dimples complete the rims, further reducing drag by creating a slippery boundary layer of air across their surfaces.
A hookless tyre interface has been used within the design to work perfectly with tubeless-ready tyres. This hookless configuration combines with the 23mm wide internal rim measurement to smooth the tyre-to-rim interface for improved aerodynamics. The wider internal rim design also supports the tyre’s sidewalls at lower inflation pressures, decreasing rolling resistance and increasing comfort.
Cognition V2 hubs are light and robust, and the rear sports an Axial Clutch freehub to grant lower resistance when freewheeling and instant response to pedalling input. The hubs are linked to the rims via Sapim CX-Ray spokes laced in reliable and efficient two-cross lacing patterns.
- 12mm hub end caps
- Center Lock lock rings
- The range-topping 454 NSW is the racer's favourite as it is fast in a vast range of road riding scenarios
- Conceived via Zipp’s “Total System Efficiency” (TSE) design concept that equally factors aerodynamics, weight, rolling resistance and vibration losses (comfort)
- A special tool that measures aerodynamic drag, rolling resistance, wind speed and wind yaw angle while on the road, was key in the development of these wheels
- The TSE holistic design approach equals more speed in real-world riding conditions rather than just wind tunnels
- The rims use the highest grade of carbon fibre to lower weight, increase strength and improve lateral stiffness
- The hookless internal rim design is for tubeless-ready tyres only, promotes a more aerodynamic tyre to rim interface and lowers weight via more even resin distribution
- A 23mm internal rim width works optimally with wider tubeless-ready tyres, lowering rolling resistance and improving comfort
- Undulating 53/58mm deep, SawTooth rim shape with Hyperfoil nodes optimises aerodynamic efficiency and crosswind stability
- The SawTooth rim profile increases lateral stiffness for faster climbing and snappier acceleration
- HexFin ABLC rim surface dimple pattern further lowers drag
- Zipp graphics applied using Zipp’s ImPress direct-print technology
- Cognition V2 hubset with an Axial Clutch V2 freehub for decreased resistance when freewheeling and almost instant pedalling engagement
- Sapim CX-Ray spokes
- Lifetime Warranty
- Tyre compatibility: Tubeless-ready only
- Wheel Size: 700c
- Rim: Full carbon with a SawTooth profile and HexFin ABLC rim surface dimples
- Rim profile: Symmetrical
- Rim finish: UD fibre, Impress technology
- Rim depth: 53/58mm, undulating
- Internal rim width: 23mm
- Rim internal format: Hookless (straight sides)
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray
- Spoke lacing pattern: Front: Two-cross / Rear: Two-cross
- Spoke count: Front: 24 / Rear: 24
- Hubs: Front: Zipp Cognition V2 / Rear: Zipp Cognition V2 with Axial Clutch technology
- Bearings: Cartridge - stainless steel
- Freehub compatibility: SRAM XDR or Shimano HG/SRAM Road 11-speed
- Brake compatibility: Disc
- Disc standard: Center Lock
- Front axle: 12mm x 100mm thru-axle compatible
- Rear axle: 12mm x 142mm thru-axle compatible
- Manufacturer claimed weight: Front: 631 grams / Rear: 727 grams / Wheelset: 1358 grams (based on an XDR, 12mm thru-axle configuration with no rim tape or valves included)
- Warranty: Lifetime
Unable to display Reviews due to Privacy Settings.
Adjust your Cookie Preferences to Opt-in "YES" to "Functional Cookies".