Zipp 808 Firecrest Carbon Clincher Wheelset 2019
Packed with innovation, and utilising trickle-down technology from Zipp's top-of-the-range NSW wheels, the 808 Firecrest Carbon Clincher Wheelset will prove a valuable performance upgrade to your bike build. The issue of braking on carbon rims is eliminated thanks to Showstopper™ Brake Technology; grooves in the rim surface help to clear water, and ensure confidence-inspiring braking power in both wet and dry conditions.
Unlike some deep section wheels, these 82mm deep rims remain highly stable. ABLC Sawtooth dimples not only reduce drag but allow you to retain full control in the strongest crosswinds. Weight is also kept to a minimum, so this wheelset won't hold you back on the climbs.
A Zipp 77/177 hubset rolls smooth and fast with almost instant engagement and high durability. The hubs are laced to the rims by Sapim® CX-Sprint® spokes for a strong and stiff build, and power is efficiently translated into speed. Compatible with 10 and 11-speed Shimano/SRAM or Campagnolo setups, the majority of riders will be able to reap the benefits of these wheels.
- Zipp Tangente Platinum Pro Evo brake pads (two sets)
- Zipp integrated valve extender (two)
- Zipp valve-core wrench
- Zipp rim tape (two)
- Zipp Tangente black skewer (two)
Please note: The manufacturer does not recommend using latex inner tubes with carbon clincher wheels. Using latex tubes may void your warranty.
- Carbon clincher wheelset
- Handcrafted in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
- AeroBalance™ (low drag/high stability)
- Showstopper™ Brake Technology includes 317 groves on each side of the wheel to increase stopping power and help clear away water from the braking surface
- ABLC Sawtooth dimples help reduce high yaw drag and improve crosswind stability
- 10 or 11-speed Shimano/SRAM or Campagnolo compatible
- Optimised for use with 25mm tyres
- Rim depth: 82mm
- Spokes: Sapim® CX-Sprint® with Sapim® secure lock nipples
- Spoke count: 18 front / 24 rear
- Hubset: Zipp 77/177
- Weight: 1830 grams (wheelset) / 830 grams (front) / 1000 grams (rear)
- Included: Zipp Tangente Platinum Pro Evo brake pads (two pairs) / Zipp integrated valve extender (two) / Zipp valve-core wrench / Zipp rim tape (two) / Zipp Tangente black skewer (two)