Zipp 808 Firecrest Carbon Tubeless Clincher Wheelset
The Zipp 808 Firecrest Carbon Tubeless Clincher Wheelset blends the results from a relentless quest for speed with advanced materials to realise a performance that excels when competing against the clock in time trials or triathlons.
A sophisticated carbon composition forms the rims and results in high lateral stiffness and low weight. This advanced material is sculpted into an 82mm deep, progressive, blunt rim profile that is honed from countless hours of wind tunnel research, CFD computer simulations and real-world testing. This meticulous procedure is complemented by the ABLC rim surface dimples to give a potent amalgamation of ultra-low drag and calming crosswind stability.
Compatibility with tubeless-ready tyres provides superior rolling resistance at comfort inducing, lower tyre pressures without running the risk of pinch punctures. At the same time, standard clincher tyre compatibility is also offered to allow the ride characteristics to be fine-tuned from an extensive selection of rubber.
Assured braking is guaranteed, even in the wet, via the Showstopper carbon brake surface and its friction enhancing textured finish. The ZR1 hubs are German-engineered and possess super smooth and durable bearings while the freehub features a 66 point engagement for rapid pedalling response.
To complete the build, reliability and efficiency are bestowed via the Sapim CX-Sprint J-bend spokes and their accurately tensioned lacing patterns.
- QR end caps
- Quick release skewers
- Conceived to elicit the fastest possible performance when riding against the clock in time trial or triathlon events
- The full carbon rims are realised from the finest materials to promote a high stiffness to weight ratio
- 82mm rim depths lay a formidable foundation for realising lower drag at higher speeds
- AeroBalance derived rim profiles simultaneously lower drag and improve crosswind stability
- ABLC dimples smooth the airflow across the rim surfaces to further lower drag
- Tubeless-ready or standard clincher compatibility opens up use to huge range of tyre set ups
- Showstopper brake track gives powerful and consistent braking, even on the wet
- ZR1 hub is German engineered, has super smooth bearings with durable seals and a 66 point freehub engagement for enhanced pedalling response
- Sapim CX-Sprint J-bend spokes and neat lacing patterns provide even tensions and a durable build
- Tyre compatibility: Tubeless-ready clincher or standard clincher
- Wheel size: 700c
- Rim: Full carbon with ABLC rim surface dimples
- Rim profile: Symmetrical
- Rim finish: UD fibre, adhesive decals
- Rim depth: 82mm
- Internal rim width: 18mm
- Rim internal format: Hooked
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Sprint J-bend
- Spoke lacing pattern: Front: Radial / Rear: 2-cross
- Spoke count: Front: 18 / Rear: 24
- Hubs: Front: ZR1 / Rear: ZR1 with 66 tooth engagement freehub
- Bearings: Cartridge - stainless steel
- Freehub compatibility: SRAM XDR or Shimano HG/SRAM Road 11-speed
- Brake compatibility: Rim
- Recommended tyre size: 23mm and above
- Maximum tyre pressure: 125psi
- Maximum recommended rider weight: 113kg/250lbs
- Manufacturer claimed weight: Front: 847 grams / Rear: 1003 grams / Wheelset: 1850 grams (based on an XDR configuration with no rim tape or valves included)
- Warranty: Lifetime
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.