Zipp 808 Firecrest Disc Wheelset
Offering incredible speed and ride quality, Zipp’s 808 Firecrest Disc Wheelset is purpose-built for fast time trials and triathlons. The wide, blunt carbon rim is 80mm deep for maximum aero efficiency, supplemented by the ABLC Dimples design that further smooths airflow over the wheel. As part of Zipp’s Total System Efficiency concept, it has a hookless construction but can be used with tubeless tyres or an inner tube if necessary, with an optimal suggested tyre width of 28mm. The lower tyre pressures that the rims are intended to work at not only reduce punctures and increase grip but also add greater comfort so that fatigue is staved off for longer - very useful in long races or triathlons.
The German-engineered ZR1 rear hub has 66 points of engagement for quicker responses to any pedalling inputs with both hubs benefitting from Center Lock disc brake mounts and thru-axles for exemplary security and braking control. J-bend Sapim CX-Sprint spokes finish the wheels off and add strength, stiffness and compliance in just the right amounts for a podium-worthy wheelset.
- TSE design with 23mm internal width with tubeless and hookless rim profile ideal for wider tyres at lower tyre pressure
- The 808 is optimised for a 28mm tyre (minimum 25mm)
- Almost 274 grams lighter than previous model
- ZR1 DB hub is engineered in Germany with a better seal design for improved durability and quicker response with 66 points of engagement
- An all-out aero 80mm rim profile
- ABLC dimple design helps manage air flow around the rim, and contributes to creating a faster, more stable wheel
- Superior modulation and stopping power of disc brakes
- Center locking rotor interface. Lockring is included
- Built with Sapim™ CX Sprint J-bend spokes
- Zipp graphics and cosmetic identity that scream speed
- XDR or SRAM/Shimano™ driver bodies
- Campagnolo® N3W Driver body sold separately
- Ships with 12mm front and rear end caps
- Hookless tubeless-ready
- ABLC Dimples, TSE technology
- Wheel Size: 700c
- Rim: Carbon
- Rim Depth: 80mm
- Internal Rim Width: 23mm
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Sprint J-bend
- Spoke Count: 20 front / 20 rear
- Hubs: ZR1 Disc Brake, 66 points of engagement
- Disc Standard: Center Lock
- Front Axle: Thru-axle 12x100mm
- Rear Axle: Thru-axle 12x142mm
- Recommended Tyre Size: 28mm
- Manufacturer Claimed Weight: Front - 752 grams, rear - 883 grams, wheelset -1635 grams
- Compatibility: Shimano, SRAM, SRAM XDR
Unable to display Reviews due to Privacy Settings.
Adjust your Cookie Preferences to Opt-in "YES" to "Functional Cookies".