Zipp 808 NSW Carbon Tubeless Clincher Wheelset
The Zipp 808 NSW Carbon Tubeless Clincher Wheelset has been conceived for the quickest possible performance within timed events, and it achieves this thanks to a mixture of the brand's exhaustive aerodynamic knowledge, superior materials and advanced manufacturing techniques. From club evening 10-mile time trials through to IronMan World Championships the 808 NSW delivers speed with consummate ease.
Efficient power transmission, resilience and low weight are traits that are all naturally infused into the construction of the rims via the use of the finest carbon material and resin. This state of the art composite is moulded into an 82mm profile that has been verified through CFD computer simulations, wind tunnel testing and extensive real-world verification to deliver stunningly low drag and high crosswind stability. The ABLC dimpling pattern throughout the rim's surface complements this by attaching a slippery boundary layer of air to the rim body to increase aerodynamic performance further.
The wide internal rim measurement coerces tubeless-ready or standard clincher tyres into a refined cross-sectional silhouette that encourages a shorter but wider tyre-to-road footprint and a higher air volume. These traits combine to deliver lowered rolling resistance, improved comfort and maximised cornering grip. Meanwhile, the integrated Showstopper brake track and its friction inducing scalloped surface improve stopping power, even in the wet, to bestow increased confidence across all riding situations.
The Cognition hubset houses super smooth and durable bearings while its Axial Clutch freehub mechanism lowers rotational resistance when coasting, saving the rider energy in the process. Sapim CX-Ray spokes link the build together via neat and evenly tensioned lacing patterns to realise heightened strength and reliability.
- QR end caps
- Quick release skewers
- Conceived purely to elicit the fastest possible performance when riding against the clock in time trial or triathlon events
- The full carbon rims are realised from the finest materials to promote a high stiffness to weight ratio
- 82mm deep rim profiles that have been meticulously researched in the wind tunnel, via CFD simulations and within real world riding lower drag and increase crosswind stability
- ABLC dimples smooth the airflow across the rim surfaces to further lower drag
- Wide internal rim widths reduce rolling resistance, improve comfort and enhance cornering grip and are specifically designed to be aerodynamically superior with 25mm tyres
- Tubeless-ready or standard clincher compatibility opens up use to a huge range of tyre setups
- Showstopper brake tracks give powerful and consistent braking, even in the wet
- Cognition hubs have super smooth bearings with the rear featuring a disengaging Axial Clutch freehub mechanism for reduced drag when freewheeling
- Sapim CX-Ray spokes and a neat lacing pattern provide even tensions and a durable build
- Tyre compatibility: Tubeless-ready clincher or standard clincher
- Wheel size: 700c
- Rim: Full carbon with a refined aerodynamic profile and ABLC rim surface dimples
- Rim profile: Symmetrical
- Rim finish: UD fibre, Impress technology
- Rim depth: 82mm
- Internal rim width: 19mm
- Rim internal format: Hooked
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray
- Spoke lacing pattern: Front: Radial / Rear: 2-cross
- Spoke count: Front: 18 / Rear: 24
- Hubs: Front: Zipp Cognition / Rear: Zipp Cognition with Axial Clutch technology
- Bearings: Cartridge - stainless steel
- Freehub compatibility: SRAM XDR or Shimano HG/SRAM Road 11-speed
- Brake compatibility: Rim
- Recommended tyre size: 23mm and above (optimised for use with 25mm tyres)
- Maximum tyre pressure: 125psi
- Maximum recommended rider weight: 113kg/250lbs
- Manufacturer claimed weight: Front: 838 grams / Rear: 982 grams / Wheelset: 1820 grams (based on an XDR configuration with no rim tape or valves included)
- Warranty: Lifetime
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.