Zipp 808 NSW Carbon Tubeless Disc Brake Wheelset
Born via the quest for unadulterated velocity the Zipp 808 NSW Carbon Tubeless Disc Brake Wheelset promises speed and composure whenever the rider is battling against time. From the local time trial and age group triathlon, all the way through to national level skirmishes against the second hand the 808 NSW is the perfect tool to help attain PBs and podiums.
The finest carbon material and resin are employed within the structure of the rims to promote a low weight and high lateral stiffness. This industry-leading carbon composition is formed into a rim profile that is executed following extensive data gleaned from wind tunnel testing, CFD simulations and real-world riding by professional riders. This meticulous procedure results in pioneering drag numbers and superlative stability across a multitude of yaw angles.
A wide rim format, both external and internal, forces an installed tyre to sit on the rim with the optimum cross-section. This superior tyre silhouette further improves aerodynamic performance, lowers rolling resistance and increases cornering grip. A dimpled pattern on the rim surface complements this by reducing unwanted air turbulence to shave seconds from any ride.
Compatible with tubeless-ready or standard clincher tyres, the rim allows the rider to fine-tune in line with personal preferences and riding requirements from a vast number of options.
A disc brake specific flange pattern on the Cognition hubs improves spoke tension accuracy for a stronger build while the stainless steel, sealed bearings are smooth and durable. The freehub mechanism has a disengaging action when freewheeling to improve speed when coasting before Sapim CX-Ray spokes complete the build with a 2-cross lacing pattern.
- 12mm front and rear hub end caps
- Centre Lock lock rings
- Conceived purely to elicit the fastest possible performance when riding against the clock in time trial or triathlon events
- The full carbon rims are realised from the finest materials to promote a high stiffness to weight ratio
- 82mm rim depths lay a formidable foundation for realising lower drag at higher speeds
- Rim profiles that have been meticulously researched in the wind tunnel, via CFD simulations and within real world riding lower drag, increase crosswind stability and smooth the rim-to-tyre junction
- ABLC dimples smooth the airflow across the rim surfaces to further lower drag
- Wide internal rim widths reduce tyre rolling resistance, improve comfort and enhance cornering grip and are specifically designed around 25mm tyres
- Tubeless-ready or standard clincher compatibility opens up use to huge range of tyre setups
- Cognition hub has a Center Lock Disc interface, super smooth bearings, a disengaging ratchet mechanism for reduced drag when freewheeling and a superior flange profile to promote more even spoke tensions
- Sapim CX-Ray spokes and neat lacing patterns provide even tensions and a durable build
- Tyre Compatibility: Tubeless-ready clincher or standard clincher
- Wheel size: 700c
- Rim: Full carbon with a refined aerodynamic profile and ABLC rim surface dimples
- Rim Profile: Symmetrical
- Rim Finish: UD fibre, Impress technology
- Rim Depth: 82mm
- Internal Rim Width: 19mm
- Rim Internal Format: Hooked
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray
- Spoke Lacing Pattern: Front: 2-cross / Rear: 2-cross
- Spoke count: Front: 24 / Rear: 24
- Hubs: Front: Zipp Cognition / Rear: Zipp Cognition with Axial Clutch technology
- Bearings: Cartridge - stainless steel
- Freehub Compatibility: SRAM XDR or Shimano HG/SRAM Road 11-speed
- Brake compatibility: Disc
- Disc Standard: Center Lock
- Front Axle: 12mm x 100mm thru-axle compatible
- Rear Axle: 12mm x 142mm thru-axle compatible
- Recommended Tyre Size: 23mm and above (optimised for use with 25mm tyres)
- Maximum Tyre Pressure: 125psi
- Maximum Recommended Rider Weight: 113kg/250lbs
- Manufacturer Claimed Weight: Front: 887 grams / Rear: 983 grams / Wheelset: 1870 grams (based on an XDR, 12mm thru-axle configuration with no rim tape or valves included)
- Warranty: Lifetime