Zipp 858 NSW Carbon Tubeless Disc Brake Wheelset
Amalgamating all of the brand’s aerodynamic findings from the last 30 years with the latest materials and manufacturing techniques, the Zipp 858 NSW Carbon Tubeless Disc Brake Wheelset promises performance in any race against the second hand. Whether going for the podium in a regional age category triathlon or blasting across the course in a pro-level time trial, the 858 NSW delivers.
The full carbon rims comprise the finest carbon materials and resins to produce the highest lateral stiffness and strength with the lowest feasible weight. This refined material is encouraged into a radical, irregular, Sawtooth rim profile that promotes numerous Hyperfoil nodes along its inner circumference. This trailblazing format interacts uniquely with the oncoming air to markedly lower drag numbers and hugely increase crosswind stability. An intricate pattern of HexFin ABLC dimples and ridges complement this by inducing a slippery boundary layer of air across the surface of the rim to improve aerodynamic prowess further.
The rims feature a wider inner format that coerces tubeless-ready or standard clincher tyres into a refined cross-sectional silhouette. This honed form results in a shorter but broader tyre-to-road contact patch and increased tyre volume that, in turn, promotes lower rolling resistance, improved comfort and increased cornering grip.
Smooth-rolling and durable bearings are encased within the elegant Cognition disc brake specific hub bodies while the Axial Clutch freehub lowers resistance when freewheeling to help save energy. Reliable and strong Sapim CX-Ray spokes link everything together with 2-cross lacing patterns to complete the build with efficiency and reliability.
- 12mm hub end caps
- Center Lock lock rings
- A wheelset that has been created purely for the fastest possible performance against the clock
- The full carbon rims are realised from the finest materials to promote a high stiffness to weight ratio
- The undulating 77/82mm deep, Sawtooth rim profiles feature nature-inspired Hyperfoil undulations that have been engineered to lower drag and dramatically increase crosswind stability
- HexFin ABLC dimples and ridges smooth the airflow across the rim surfaces to further lower drag
- Wide internal rim widths reduce rolling resistance, improve comfort and enhance cornering grip
- Tubeless-ready or standard clincher compatibility opens up use to a huge range of tyre setups
- Cognition DB hubs have Center Lock disc interfaces, super smooth bearings and the rear features a disengaging Axial Clutch mechanism for reduced drag when freewheeling
- Sapim CX-Ray spokes and neat lacing patterns provide even tensions and a durable build
- Tyre compatibility: Tubeless-ready clincher or standard clincher
- Wheel Size: 700c
- Rim: Full carbon with a Sawtooth profile and HexFin ABLC rim surface dimples
- Rim profile: Symmetrical
- Rim finish: UD fibre, Impress technology
- Rim depth: 77/82mm
- Internal rim width: 18mm
- Rim internal format: Hooked
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray
- Spoke lacing pattern: Front: 2-cross / Rear: 2-cross
- Spoke count: Front: 24 / Rear: 24
- Hubs: Front: Zipp Cognition / Rear: Zipp Cognition with Axial Clutch technology
- Bearings: Cartridge - stainless steel
- Freehub compatibility: SRAM XDR or Shimano HG/SRAM Road 11-speed
- Brake compatibility: Disc
- Disc standard: Center Lock
- Front axle: 12mm x 100mm thru-axle compatible
- Rear axle: 12mm x 142mm thru-axle compatible
- Recommended tyre size: 23mm and above
- Maximum tyre pressure: 125psi
- Maximum recommended rider weight: 113kg/250lbs
- Manufacturer claimed weight: Front: 838 grams / Rear: 935 grams / Wheelset: 1773 grams (based on an XDR, 12mm thru-axle configuration with no rim tape or valves included)
- Warranty: Lifetime
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.