Zone3 Lava Long Distance Short Sleeve Tri Top
When committing to IronMan length events and longer, the athlete needs to know that their equipment won’t compromise their performance. The Zone3 Lava Long Distance Short Sleeve Tri Top ensures comfort and speed via an association of key features.
Two specialist fabrics are utilised within this top with each chosen and positioned precisely to decrease drag and improve comfort. Aero-Stripe material is employed on the forward-facing, upper chest panel as its textured surface markedly lowers drag. Aeroforce weave is then drawn on for the main front and back panels. The high wicking nature, multi-directional stretch and water repellent coating of this fabric keep the wearer fresh, comfortable and fast through the water respectively.
The fabrics are mated via flat-locked seams within a tight, form-fitting cut that is optimally tuned with aerodynamics in mind. The length is left slightly longer to ensure a functional overlap with shorts, even when in the aero riding position, while the arms are heat bonded to reduce chafing. A full front zip for tuneable ventilation and rear located back pockets for on-the-fly nutrition complete what is an in-depth, race-ready garment.
- Utilises a duo of refined Italian and French materials with each fabric carefully chosen and positioned to improve performance, comfort and endurance
- Aero-Stripe – This Italian fabric is located on the upper chest to improve aerodynamics. This textured material creates turbulence across the key boundary layers when on the bike to reducing drag
- Aeroforce Soft-Touch - This French fabric is used on the main front and back panels. It is extremely breathable, has 360° stretch for total comfort and has a high-tech Nano water repellent coating to reduces drag in and out of the water
- Aerodynamic fit - The tight fit makes it suitable to be worn underneath the wetsuit during a swim but we would recommend that it might be more comfortable putting it on in T1 in preparation for the bike and run
- Length - Designed to slightly overlap with the Tri shorts which gives the impression of wearing a suit, but with the versatility of wearing shorts and top. Longer on the back for when on the bike
- Utilising heat bonding, flat-lock stitching and closed stitching to find the perfect balance between comfort and speed
- Heat Bonded Sleeves – For optimum fit and comfort and reduced drag compared to stitching
- Full front zip – This feature allows the suits to be put on and taken off more easily and quickly; also allowing full torso ventilation during very warm conditions
- Nutrition storage pockets: located on the back and designed with a heat bonded cover to allow gels to be stored and make it easy to access whilst on the bike or run