veloToze Tall Shoe Covers
veloToze Tall Shoe Covers are designed for when the weather takes a turn for the worst. These overshoes are waterproof, windproof and extremely lightweight, they also fit very close to your shoe, making them a very good aerodynamic option.
You may have experienced water coming in through the top of other shoe covers around the ankle area. veloToze are designed to fit very snugly, forming a tight seal around the ankle, making it very hard for water to penetrate this usually vulnerable area.
The material used in the construction of veloToze shoe covers is not only windproof, but it is also extremely lightweight and flexible, making them easy to stuff into your jersey pockets when they're not needed.
Time trialists will love the simple and close-fitting design as this will reduce the aerodynamic drag typically produced by footwear, shaving seconds off race times and PBs.
Please note, due to the shoe cover's lightweight construction we recommend veloToze for high performance, race day activity only. Care must be taken when fitting the shoe covers, as shoe buckles can damage the latex.
How do I put them on?
- Put on sock
- Place foot through ankle hole, then large cleat hole to pull on shoe cover
- Then put on the shoe. Warning: the shoe cover may tear if you do not FIRST put on shoe cover, then shoe
- Pull cover over heel of shoe FIRST, then toe
- Ensure no part of shoe covers are over cleats or heel pad. Pull the shoe cover off of cleats and heel pad if necessary
- To remove, follow instructions in reverse order. To make it easier to put them on the next time, add baby powder to inside of shoe covers after wearing
Tips and Care Instructions
- If wearing legwarmers or tall socks, ensure top of shoe covers are directly against the skin. If socks or legwarmers are between top of shoe cover and skin, water may enter the shoe cover
- To prevent water from entering the shoe from the bottom of the shoe, remove insole of shoe and place tape over the vent opening
- To clean shoe covers, wipe with a cool, wet cloth. Do not put shoe covers in a washing machine
- To dry, hang shoe covers over a hanger or ledge or wipe with a dry cloth. The material does not absorb water, so they should dry quickly. Do not put shoe covers in a clothes dryer or over a radiator
- After repeated use, apply talcum or baby powder to the inside of shoe cover to prevent sticking
- Avoid contact with sharp objects, such as shoe buckles
- Do not store in direct sunlight
- Waterproof: designed to form a tight seal with your calf, to keep your feet and shoes dry
- Windproof: windproof materials keep your feet warm even on cold morning or winter rides
- Lightweight: made of a flexible, lightweight material that doesn’t retain water when wet
- No zippers or velcro straps: innovative design flexes over your shoe, so there are no vulnerability points, like zippers or velcro
- Aerodynamic: smooth, flexible material creates a form-fitting design
- Compact: easily fits in jersey pocket or saddle bag
- Due to the shoe cover's lightweight construction, we recommend VeloToze for high performance, race day activity only
- Care must be taken when fitting the shoe covers; shoe buckles can damage the latex
- Recommended for race day activity only