Copywriter - Full-time and Part-time vacancies
Head Office - Hampton Wick, Surrey
We live and breathe road cycling, but love riding any type of bike, whether it is a triathlon bike, mountain bike or even e-bikes! We are looking for a talented and experienced Copywriter who enjoys road cycling and/or triathlon and mountain biking to join our Content Team. This position is available on a full-time or part-time basis and can be performed remotely. This exciting opportunity is where you can connect your career with your passion.
The Content Team produce all product page content, including product descriptions and informative articles. The team itself is made up of experienced writers who have a flair for telling the customer about our amazing brands and products, and focusing on key features something that the customer may not see in our images. Your product copy will be conversational, creative, engaging, informative and authoritative and will allow customers to become more knowledgeable about our brands – giving them the confidence to make their online purchases with us.
Life at Sigma Sports is fast-paced - With around 300 products entering our business each week, our team needs to ensure that the copy of these products is ready to go live on our website as soon as possible; all the while ensuring that the tone of voice is consistent throughout all our copy and the quality of what we write is kept to the highest possible standard.
The Copywriter will be responsible for writing the product descriptions, branded information and articles for the website and ensuring the Sigma Sports tone of voice is consistent throughout.
About The Job
- Work within our team of Copywriters writing unique and engaging content
- Manage a large amount of copy with varying deadlines and publication dates
- The ability to research and test products and produce informative written content for products on our website, helping the customer make an informed decision
- Collaborate with different departments to develop story ideas and editorial calendars that meet company needs
- Calmly and diligently juggle multiple results-oriented initiatives under tight deadlines Attend department meetings as required
- Live and breathe road cycling/triathlon and are a tech junkie
- Excellent editing skills, including a particular attention to detail and accuracy
- Familiarity with web publishing using a content management system
- Strong ability to work under pressure, work independently, and manage multiple projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organisational skills and problem-solving capabilities
- Commitment to the organisation’s mission and goals
- Experience with HTML
- Experience with Photoshop
- Proficiency in SEO best practices
The above list is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the role.
£22,000 to £24,000 per year
Full-time and Part-time
28 days paid holiday (including bank holidays)
To apply, please send your CV along with a covering letter to email@example.com
Get social with Sigma Sports