Altra Escalante Racer Womens Running Shoes
The Altra Escalante Racer Womens Running Shoes, previously only used by the brand's professionals, is now available to all athletes, allowing them to take advantage of the race-inspired attributes for the fastest and most efficient running experience.
With a slightly firmer composition, the EGO with InnerFlex midsole offers a more reactive and responsive rebound to introduce extra energy into every stride. Despite this race-tuned foam compound, excellent cushioning is still granted over hard road surfaces. This midsole is realised with the Balanced Cushioning platform that positions the heel and the forefoot at an equal elevation and a FootShape toe box that gives the toes ample room to spread naturally. These two design traits combine to reduce overpronation, encourage better form and increase efficiency.
FootPod technology in the outsole maps the flex pattern in the foot's structure, while a grippy rubber compound affords stride confidence over any surface conditions. The engineered static mesh upper completes the shoes by donating plush comfort levels and high breathability.
- Previously limited to Altra’s pro athletes, these shoes are built for the quickest performances in races
- Race-tuned EGO with InnerFlex midsole is plush but a touch firmer for increased return and response
- The Balanced Cushioning midsole platform positions the heel and forefoot an equal distance above the ground to encourage optimum form and low impact landings
- FootShape toe box allows the toes to naturally spread out for extra stability and power
- FootPod Technology rubber outsole provides flex in exactly the right areas and is highly grippy
- The engineered static mesh upper offers the perfect combination of comfort, low weight, and breathability
- Midsole cushioning: Low
- Stack height: 22mm
- Manufacturer claimed weight: 161 grams, per shoe, size UK 6