Cannondale CAAD Optimo Tiagra Road Bike 2019
The Cannondale CAAD Optimo Tiagra Road Bike has a series of key features that make this one of the best value road bikes on the market.
Starting with the frame, Cannondale has utilised their decades of research to produce this light and stiff SmartForm C2 layup. Just like their all-out alloy racing bike, the CAAD12, the Optimo's frame is designed with Tube Flow Modeling, and features SAVE micro-suspension technology to dampen road buzz for a more enjoyable ride.
Putting the rider in an aggressive road riding position, the geometry of this bike is designed for performance. But with hidden mudguard mounts, it's got the potential to cater for fast commutes and wet winter training miles too.
Arguably, the full carbon fork belongs on a bike with a much higher price tag. Constructed of one piece of carbon from dropout through steerer, it's lightweight and responsive, making steering agile.
The Shimano Tiagra derailleurs and shifters sit in the middle of the marque's range of componentry, and this edition has a 2x10-speed setup. Representing superb value, you get the distinctive Shimano STI shifting experience with clean cable routing to keep the front end of your bike looking neat.
The mid-compact FSA Omega alloy chainset features 52/36t chainrings, which offer plenty of range when combined with the 11-28t cassette. This ratio of gearing suits rolling terrain and has enough gears to help you stick with the bunch while crit racing.
- SmartForm C2 Alloy frame
- Full Carbon fork
- SAVE micro-suspension technology
- Shimano Tiagra gears and derailleurs
- Rugged and reliable wheelset
- Vittoria Zaffiro 25mm tyres
- Mounts for mudguards
Please note: The image is shown for representation of colourway only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: Cannondale CAAD Optimo, SmartForm C2 Alloy, SAVE
- FORK: Cannondale Ultra, Full Carbon, 1-1/8" to 1-1/4" steerer
- STEM: Cannondale C4, 6061 Alloy, 31.8, 7°
- HANDLEBAR: Cannondale C4, 6061 Alloy, Compact
- FRONT BRAKE: Promax RC-476
- REAR BRAKE: Promax RC-476
- BRAKE LEVERS: Shimano Tiagra
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano Tiagra, 31.8 clamp
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano Tiagra GS, 10-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano Tiagra, 2x10
- CASSETTE: Shimano HG500, 11-28, 10-speed
- CRANKSET: FSA Omega Alloy, mid-compact 52/36t
- FRONT WHEEL: Maddux RS 2.0 24-hole clincher rim, Formula RB-31 hub with stainless steel 14-gram spokes
- REAR WHEEL: Maddux RS 2.0 28-hole clincher rim, Formula RB-32 hub with stainless steel 14-gram spokes
- FRONT TYRE: Vittoria Zaffiro, 700 x 25c, clincher
- REAR TYRE: Vittoria Zaffiro, 700 x 25c, clincher
- SADDLE: Cannondale Stage Ergo
- SEATPOST: Cannondale C4, 6061 Alloy, 27.2 x 350mm (44-56), 400mm (58-63)
- ACCESSORIES: Wellgo pedals with clips and straps, frameset has hidden mudguard mounts
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), rotate and tighten the handlebars following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
PRODUCT REF: 914823
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more