Cannondale CAADX 105 Cyclocross Bike 2018
Made by the masters of aluminium, the Cannondale CAADX 105 Cyclocross Bike 2018 is a strong choice for the enthusiastic rider, looking for the next level of performance, or, perhaps their first dedicated, purpose made cyclocross bike. With a full Shimano groupset combined with the technical advances made in Cannondale's CAAD12 frames, this bike is designed to be an all-out cross circuit wonder.
With a geometry borrowing from Cannondale's high-end SuperX collection, this cyclocross bike features an innovative micro-suspension integrated into the shaping of the rear stays, which, flattened, serve to absorb lateral shocks often incurred over the course. Providing you with a comfortable ride thanks to the greatly improved comfort of this bike, you are assured of top rate braking responsiveness thanks to a full disc setup. Flat mounts sitting to the rear of your bike and assuring you of a strong, low profile braking experience, keeping control on your technical ride is purely down to your bike handling skills. With braking performance year round, regardless of the weather, your riding is guaranteed a precision at every turn.
A tapered steerer tube for the best possible front end feel when riding, this bike responds with immediacy to your lightweight inputs through the bars. A removable seat stay mudguard mount, you have the versatility to mount up something to keep the mud off. Still perfectly suited to exploring, adventure riding, or even commuting, this bike remains a great choice for the rider looking to change things up.
With a full Shimano 105 groupset, this cyclocross bike provides a wide 11-32 tooth rear cassette alongside a 46/36 chainset, giving you both ends of the spectrum for riding hard on the flat as well as high up the hill, you have the power to get around in good shape. Rolling on Schwalbe 35c tyres for added stability, this bike is a top choice for taking the plunge into the murky world of cross riding.
- SPEED SAVE micro-suspension from shaped and flattened seat stays which absorb shock
- Removable seat stay fender mount for versatility
- Tapered steerer for improved direct feel
- Flat mount rear disc brake
- Borrows technology from the CAAD12
- Shares a comfortable geometry with the SuperX frameset
Please note: Image shown for representation of colourway only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: Cannondale CAADX Cyclocross Disc, SmartForm C2 Alloy, BB30
- FORK: Cannondale Ultra X Disc, Carbon blades, 1-1/4" to 1-1/8" tapered steerer, 55mm offset
- HEADSET: Cannondale CAADX Si, 25mm top cap
- STEM: Cannondale C3, 6061 Alloy, 31.8, 6 deg.
- HANDLEBARS: Cannondale C3 Compact, butted 6061 Alloy
- BAR TAPE: Cannondale Grip Bar Tape w/Gel, 3.5mm
- FRONT BRAKE: TRP Spyre C cable disc, 160/160mm
- REAR BRAKE: TRP Spyre C cable disc, 160/160mm
- BRAKE LEVERS: Shimano 105 Disc
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano 105, braze-on
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano 105 GS
- SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano 105
- CASSETTE: Shimano 105, 11-32, 11-speed
- CHAIN: KMC X11EL, 11-speed
- CRANKSET: FSA Omega Cross, BB30, 46/36
- BOTTOM BRACKET: FSA BB30
- PEDALS: NA
- FRONT WHEEL: Cannondale CX 2.0 Disc, 28-hole rim with Formula CX-20 hub, clincher
- REAR WHEEL: Cannondale CX 2.0 Disc, 28-hole rim with Formula CX-22 hub, clincher
- FRONT TYRE: Schwalbe Rapid Rob, 700x35c, clincher
- REAR TYRE: Schwalbe Rapid Rob, 700x35c, clincher
- SADDLE: Cannondale Stage CX
- SEATPOST: Cannondale C3 Alloy, 27.2x350mm (46-56), 400mm (58-61)
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), attach the handlebars to the stem and tighten them following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
Please note, occasionally, manufacturers may change the specification without notice. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
PRODUCT REF: 744347
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more