Cannondale Quick Althea 3 Womens Hybrid Bike 2019
The Cannondale Quick Althea 3 Womens Hybrid Bike has been designed to venture across an array of terrains without boundaries. Forged with Cannondale's cutting edge technology and combined with Shimano's reliable shifting performances, this bike is the ideal option for the discerning rider wanting to stray away from the confines of tarmac.
Constructed from a SmartFormed C2 alloy, this frame provides a higher strength to weight ratio, boasting an ultralight yet robust build that meets the demands of adventurous riding. Ensuring each pedal stroke is rewarded with pure power, the thick downtube provides a rigid platform with little flex for efficient performances, whilst the thinner chainstays and seatstays retain a low weight without compromising integral strength.
A key feature of this bike is the SAVE technology, or micro-suspension, and this tube shaping provides sufficient flex that is just as confident damping buzz as it is transferring power. Combine this unique tube shaping with the women's specific geometry, and the results are an incredibly comfortable bike that encourages you to push the extra mile.
Veering away from tarmac can often become a bumpy ordeal, which is why Cannondale have equipped their Quick Althea 3 with a Suntour fork, providing cushioning for an array of off-roading conditions. Fitted with a lockout switch, this fork provides a rigid option for hill climbing and road riding, ensuring you of the best performance off and on road.
Equipped with confidence inspiring components, this bike hosts the reliable stopping power of the Tektro hydraulic disc brakes, ensuring you of improved braking performances and excellent control when navigating down steep terrains. Combine this stopping power with the smooth gear shifting and fast transmission of the Shimano 8-speed groupset and you are rewarded with an excellent all-rounder, capable of tackling steep challenges, rough terrains and flat-out sprints.
Ideal for the commuter, leisure rider and adventurer, this bike has been finished with fine attention to detail, from the reflective detailing to the internal cable routing for a sleek and clean aesthetic.
- Smartformed C2 Butted alloy frame is both robust and lightweight, perfect for both on-road and off-road rides.
- Women's specific geometry offers the optimal female position for tackling long rides in comfort.
- SAVE technology acts as a micro-suspension to dampen the harshness of rough terrains.
- An 8-speed Shimano groupset offers an array of gear ratios perfect for an array of riding conditions.
- Tektro M285 hydraulic disc brakes are powerful and reliable.
- FRAME: Cannondale Quick Althea, SmartForm C2 alloy, SAve, 1-1/1" to 1-1/8" tapered head tube, 700/650
- FORK: SR Suntour NEX with lockout, 5mm, 1-1/8" steerer (S,M)/ SR Suntour M3030 with lockout, 63mm, 1-1/8" steerer (XS only)
- HEADSET: VP Si 1-1/2" to 1-1/8"
- STEM: Cannondale C3, 6061 alloy, 31.8, 12 degree
- HANDLEBAR: Cannondale C4, 6061 double-butted, 12mm rise, 660mm
- FRONT BRAKE: Tektro M285 hydraulic disc, 160 rotor
- REAR BRAKE: Tektro M285 hydraulic disc, 160 rotor
- BRAKE LEVERS: Tektro M285 Hydraulic Disc
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano Altus, 31.8mm clamp
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano Acera, 8-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano M310 Rapidfire Plus, 3x8
- CASSETTE: Sunrace 11-32 teeth, 8-speed
- PEDALS: Cannondale reinforced composite
- FRONT WHEEL: Maddux DC 3.0, double wall with eyelet
- REAR WHEEL: Maddux DC 3.0, double wall with eyelet
- FRONT TYRE: Kenda Happy Medium, 700x35c (S,M)/ Schwalbe G-One, 650x38c (XS only)
- REAR TYRE: Kenda Happy Medium, 700x35c (S,M)/ Schwalbe G-One, 650x38c (XS only)
- SADDLE: Cannondale Women's CX Ergo
- SEATPOST: Cannondale C3, 6061 alloy, 27.2x350mm
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), attach the handlebars to the stem and tighten them following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
Please note, occasionally, manufacturers may change the specification without notice. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
PRODUCT REF: 805624
Requesting the size guide for this item.
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more