Why buy your bike from Sigma Sports?
Don't hesitate to reach out to us. It's our goal to answer all of your questions and offer the best advice from our experts. We’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have. Contact us now or visit us in-store.
All our bikes are fully built by our Cytech qualified mechanics. To find out more, see the Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested section below to see how we'll deliver your bike.
We offer FREE DELIVERY of your bike to your home or place of work. Once you've placed your order, our Customer Care team will be in contact to offer a convenient delivery date of your choice.
Cyclescheme can save you up to 39% on a bike and accessories. Visit our Cycle to Work Scheme page to learn more and claim.
The BallisTec carbon frame is light, stiff and compliant for a lively but composed ride.
Ultralight and buttery smooth, the single-sided design is the pinnacle of cross country suspension.
Lighter than bearings and requiring no maintenance, these carbon plates create a virtual horst link.
Aggressive and fast, this modern geometry is lightning quick and confidence inspiring.
Cannondale Scalpel Carbon 3 Mountain Bike 2021
Cannondale's Scalpel Carbon 3 Mountain Bike brings together low weight, aggressive geometry and innovative progressive suspension to create the ultimate XC racer. Key to its performance is the FlexPivot system in the frame, essentially flex zones that work in the same way as a Horst link pivot, but are lighter, stiffer and more durable, so you can have both low weight and performance with no compromises. Paired to a Cannondale Lefty Ocho Carbon fork, the handling is unmatched in terms of precision, with the fork offset bringing the stability you need over the rough stuff, and there's 100mm of travel both front and rear to smooth out the biggest, harshest bumps. A slacker headtube and steeper seat tube create a geometry that's more aggressive and more stable than in previous iterations and, most importantly, incredibly fast and fun. Each frame size is customised to fine-tune the ride so every rider experiences the same feel and reaps the same benefits.
Built-up with Shimano's Deore XT and SLX 12-speed 1x components, you get a wide range of gears and smooth reliable shifting up and down the cassette, while hydraulic disc brakes do their job exceptionally well, ensuring modulated and powerful stopping in all conditions. Strong, stiff 29er wheels are paired to Schwalbe Racing Ralph Performance tyres and include a Wheel Sensor so you can record data on speed, distance and route and use the Cannondale App to access other services too. There is space for two water bottles on the frame, keeping you well hydrated through your ride or race.
- FlexPivot — The key to Scalpel’s incredible suspension performance and lightweight. These patented carbon fibre flex zones act just like a Horst link pivot, but are lighter, stiffer and more durable than any bearing setup
- Lefty Ocho — Simply the most advanced, smoothest, most precise-handling ultralight XC fork ever made. Its one-of-a-kind design lets it float through the chop and steer through the chunder like nothing else
- OutFront Steering Geometry — Lefty’s extra-long fork offset gives you more stability and confidence when things get rough while keeping the steering XC-quick everywhere else
- Connected — An integrated wheel sensor delivers hyper-accurate speed, route and distance info, registers your bike, reminds you of needed servicing and more, all through the free Cannondale App
- Ai (Asymmetric Integration) - The unique offset drivetrain delivers big tyre/mud clearance while keeping the chainstays short for traction and agility. It also creates a stiffer, stronger rear wheel
- Proportional Response — Unlike the competition, who use the same suspension kinematic across all sizes, Cannondale customise the layout of suspension for each one, so that every rider, from the smallest to the tallest, experiences the same brilliant suspension performance
- Two water bottle mounts
- DirectLine Cable Routing — Tube-in-tube internal cable routing in the frame and swingarm makes installing cables quick and easy
- Shimano Deore XT and SLX, 1x12-speed drivetrain
|Frame||Cannondale all-new, BallisTec carbon, Proportional Response Tuned, FlexPivot chainstay, PF30-83, tapered headtube, Speed Release 12mm thru-axle, Ai Offset, Stash compatible|
|Rear Shock||FOX Float DPS Performance Elite EVOL, 100mm travel, remote lockout, adjustable rebound|
|Fork||Cannondale Lefty Ocho Carbon, 100mm, Chamber Damper with remote lockout, OppO Spring System, tapered steerer, 55mm offset|
|Headset||Integrated, 1-1/8 to 1.5", sealed angular contact bearings|
|Bottom Bracket||Cannondale Alloy PressFit30|
|Stem||Cannondale 3, 6061 Alloy, 31.8, 7°|
|Handlebar||Cannondale 2 Flat, butted 2014 alloy, 31.8mm, 3° rise, 8° sweep, 760mm|
|Grips||ESI Silicone 32mm|
|Brakes||Shimano Deore M6000 hydraulic disc, 160mm RT54 rotors|
|Brake Levers||Shimano Deore M6000 hydraulic disc|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Deore XT, 12-speed|
|Shift Levers||Shimano SLX, 12-speed|
|Cassette||Shimano SLX, 10-51t, 12-speed|
|Crankset||Cannondale HollowGram, BB30a, OPI SpideRing, 34T, Ai offset|
|Chain||Shimano SLX, 12-speed|
|Front wheel||Cannondale Lefty 60 hub / Stan's NoTubes Crest S1, 28h, tubeless-ready rim / DT Swiss Champion spokes|
|Rear wheel||Shimano MT510 12x148 hub / Stan's NoTubes Crest S1, 28h, tubeless-ready rim / DT Swiss Champion spokes|
|Front Tyre||Schwalbe Racing Ralph Performance, 29 x 2.25", Addix Compound, tubeless-ready clincher|
|Rear Tyre||Schwalbe Racing Ralph Performance, 29 x 2.25", Addix Compound, tubeless-ready clincher|
|Saddle||Prologo Dimension NRD, STN rails|
|Seatpost||Cannondale 2, 7075 Alloy, 31.6 x 400mm|
|Pedals||Available to be purchased separately|
|Connectivity||Cannondale Wheel Sensor|
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), attach the handlebars to the stem and tighten them following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools. Visit our Bike Assembly page to see how you assemble your new bike once you receive it.
All bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
Please note, occasionally, manufacturers may change the specification without notice. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified. Bikes ordered for delivery will not arrive with the pedals installed, please refer to the owners manual and pedal installation guides provided for guidance or contact Customer Care. We do not install accessories to bikes, including mudguards.