Why buy your bike from Sigma Sports?
Don't hesitate to reach out to us. It's our goal to answer all of your questions and offer the best advice from our experts. We’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have. Contact us now or visit us in-store.
All our bikes are fully built by our Cytech qualified mechanics. To find out more, see the Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested section below to see how we'll deliver your bike.
We offer FREE DELIVERY of your bike to your home or place of work. Once you've placed your order, our Customer Care team will be in contact to offer a convenient delivery date of your choice.
We've partnered with PedalSure to offer you 30-DAYS FREE bike insurance on new bikes over £400. Visit our Cycle Insurance page to learn more and claim.
Cannondale Scalpel Carbon SE 2 Mountain Bike 2021
Fast, precise, stable, the Cannondale Scalpel Carbon SE 2 Mountain Bike will excel, be that on fast technical singletrack or in marathon races. The incredibly light frame has been engineered with innovative FlexPivot suspension for the best possible traction and control, and both this and the RockShox fork, offer 120mm of plush travel so you'll roll faster and smoother over the harshest and rockiest of terrain. Using Proportional Response in the design, each frame size is fine-tuned to cater for every rider in the same way, so whether you're on the biggest or the smallest size, you'll reap the same benefits. The progressive XC geometry, with a slacker headtube angle and a unique offset Ai (Asymmetric Integration) drivetrain and shorter chainstays brings stability, improved traction and an agile ride feel, and there's more clearance for wider tyres. The technology-packed frameset is paired with a mix of SRAM's Eagle SX and Shimano components. The 1x12-speed SRAM drivetrain features a wide-ranging 11-50-tooth cassette that offers the small gears you need for steep climbs but won't hold you back when it comes to those high-speed descents. The braking is powerful and modulated and comes courtesy of Shimano MT500 hydraulic discs. With 29" wheels, you get faster rolling over larger obstacles, and the bike has a dropper seatpost so you can quickly move it out of the way for better manoeuvrability on tricky drops and steep descents.
- FlexPivot — The key to Scalpel SE’s incredible suspension performance and light weight. These patented carbon fibre flex zones act just like a Horst link pivot, but are lighter, stiffer and more durable than any bearing setup
- Ai (Asymmetric Integration) - The unique offset drivetrain delivers big tyre/mud clearance while keeping the chainstays short for traction and agility. It also creates a stiffer, stronger rear wheel
- Proportional Response — Unlike the competition, who use the same suspension kinematic across all sizes, Cannondale customise the layout of suspension for each one, so that every rider, from the smallest to the tallest, experiences the same brilliant suspension performance
- Big Trail Capability. Scalpel’s progressive XC attitude has evolved even further with a slack and stable 67˚ headtube angle – combined with shorter stems, bigger tyres, dropper posts and bigger travel: if you love riding trails fast, precise and in full control, then this is the bike for you
- Stiff. Light. Fast - The Scalpel SE is one of the lightest and stiffest full-suspension mountain bikes available. Built light to go fast
- Two water bottle mounts
- DirectLine Cable Routing — Tube-in-tube internal cable routing in the frame and swingarm makes installing cables quick and easy * SRAM SX Eagle, 1x12-speed drivetrain and Shimano MT500 hydraulic disc brakes
|Frame||Cannondale all-new, 120mm travel, BallisTec carbon, Proportional Response Tuned, FlexPivot chainstay, PF30-83, tapered headtube, Speed Release 12mm thru-axle, Ai Offset, Stash compatible|
|Rear Shock||RockShox SIDLuxe Select+, 2-position mode adjust, adjustable rebound|
|Fork||RockShox SID Select, 120mm, Debonair, 15x110mm thru-axle, tapered steerer, 44mm offset|
|Headset||Integrated Sealed Bearing, tapered|
|Bottom Bracket||SRAM DUB PF30 MTB83|
|Stem||Cannondale 3, 6061 Alloy, 31.8, 7°|
|Handlebar||Cannondale riser, butted 6061 Alloy, 31.8mm, 5° rise, 9° sweep, 760mm|
|Grips||ESI Silicone 32mm|
|Front Brake||Shimano MT500 hydraulic disc, 180mm RT54 rotor|
|Rear Brake||Shimano MT500 hydraulic disc, 160mm RT54 rotor|
|Brake Levers||Shimano MT500 hydraulic disc|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM SX Eagle|
|Shift Levers||SRAM SX Eagle, 12-speed|
|Cassette||SRAM PG-1230, NX Eagle, 11-50, 12-speed|
|Crankset||Truvativ Stylo 6K DUB, 34T, Ai offset|
|Chain||SRAM SX Eagle, 12-speed|
|Front wheel||Shimano Deore 15x110 hub / Stan's NoTubes Crest S1, 32h, tubeless-ready rim / stainless steel, 14g spokes|
|Rear wheel||Shimano Deore, 12x148 hub / Stan's NoTubes Crest S1, 32h, tubeless-ready rim / stainless steel, 14g spokes|
|Front Tyre||Maxxis Ardent Race, 29 x 2.35", EXO Protection, tubeless-ready clincher|
|Rear Tyre||Maxxis Recon Race, 29 x 2.25", EXO Protection, tubeless-ready clincher|
|Saddle||Fabric Scoop Radius Sport, steel rails|
|Seatpost||Cannondale DownLow Dropper, internal routing, 31.6, 125mm (M-L), 150mm (XL)|
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if specified), attach the handlebars to the stem and tighten them following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools. Visit our Bike Assembly page to see how you assemble your new bike once you receive it.
All bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
Please note, occasionally, manufacturers may change the specification without notice. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified. We do not install accessories to bikes, including mudguards.
Cannondale Scalpel Carbon SE 2 Mountain Bike 2021 Sizing
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.