Why buy your bike from Sigma Sports?
Don't hesitate to reach out to us. It's our goal to answer all of your questions and offer the best advice from our experts. We’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have. Contact us now or visit us in-store.
All our bikes are fully built by our Cytech qualified mechanics. To find out more, see the Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested section below to see how we'll deliver your bike.
We offer FREE DELIVERY of your bike to your home or place of work. Once you've placed your order, our Customer Care team will be in contact to offer a convenient delivery date of your choice.
Cyclescheme can save you up to 39% on a bike and accessories. Visit our Cycle to Work Scheme page to learn more and claim.
Ultralight and buttery smooth, the single-sided design is the pinnacle of cross country suspension.
Lighter than bearings and requiring no maintenance, these carbon plates create a virtual horst link.
Aggressive and fast, this modern geometry is lightning quick and confidence inspiring.
An offset design increases mud clearance, all whilst keeping the chainstays short and nimble.
Cannondale Scalpel Carbon SE Ltd Lefty 29" Mountain Bike 2021
A modern spin on the traditional cross-country formula, the Cannondale Scalpel Carbon SE Ltd Lefty 29" Mountain Bike blurs the lines between cross country and trail, offering an exhilarating ride that inspires unbridled pace. Slacker, lower and longer than its more race-oriented sibling, this SE edition is deceptive in its efficiency, delivering composure on the descents without sacrificing its clinical ability to decimate technical climbs.
Bumping the travel to 120mm, this SE edition utilises the same virtual Horst link as the standard edition. By incorporating flex-pivots into the frame, the need for a chainstay pivot is eliminated, with the maintenance-free design boosting reliability. The suspension kinematics are unique to each frame size, ensuring riders of all heights experience the same performance quality, and the unique Lefty Ocho provides 120mm of stable, stiff travel.
A lightweight trail bike in many aspects, the juiced-up specification sees a wide, 780mm bar and slick DownLow dropper post paired with ESI silicone grips and ultralight HolloGram 25 wheels, pushing its versatility further than just the realm of cross-country. Wide, Maxxis tyres promote grip whilst remaining fast-rolling, while the RockShox SIDLuxe Ultimate shock tracks well through chattery terrain. To glean crucial data from your rides, an integrated wheel sensor pings key metrics to the accompanying Cannondale App, supplying speed, route and distance information.
- Lefty Ocho Carbon - 120mm travel and extra-long fork offset gives you more stability and confidence when things get rough
- FlexPivot - The key to Scalpel SE’s incredible suspension performance and lightweight. These patented carbon fibre flex zones act just like a Horst link pivot, but are lighter, stiffer and more durable than any bearing setup
- Stash Kit - A Fabric 8-in-1 mini tool in a quick-draw holster, a Dynaplug tubeless plug kit, and your CO2 inflator, all stashed neatly under your water bottle
- Connected - An integrated wheel sensor delivers hyper-accurate speed, route and distance info, registers your bike, reminds you of needed servicing and more, all through the free Cannondale App
- Ai (Asymmetric Integration) - The unique offset drivetrain delivers big tyre/mud clearance while keeping the chainstays short for traction and agility. It also creates a stiffer, stronger rear wheel
- Proportional Response - Unlike the competition, which use the same suspension kinematic across all sizes, Cannondale customise the layout of suspension for each one, so that every rider, from the smallest to the tallest, experiences the same brilliant suspension performance
- Big Trail Capability - Scalpel’s progressive XC attitude has evolved even further with a slack and stable 67˚ headtube angle – combined with shorter stems, bigger tyres, dropper posts and bigger travel: if you love riding trails fast, precise and in full control, then this is the bike for you
- Stiff. Light. Fast - The Scalpel SE is one of the lightest and stiffest full-suspension mountain bikes available. Built light to go fast
- Room for two water bottles within the main triangle
- DirectLine Cable Routing - Tube-in-tube internal cable routing in the frame and swingarm makes installing cables quick and easy
- SRAM XO1 drivetrain delivers crisp, proven drivetrain performance
|Frame||Cannondale Scalpel SE, 120mm travel, BallisTec carbon, Proportional Response Tuned, FlexPivot chainstay, PF30-83, tapered headtube, Speed Release 12mm thru-axle, Ai Offset, Stash compatible|
|Rear Shock||RockShox SIDLuxe Ultimate, 2-position mode adjust, adjustable rebound|
|Fork||Cannondale Lefty Ocho Carbon, 120mm|
|Headset||Integrated Sealed Bearing, tapered|
|Bottom Bracket||SRAM DUB PF30 Ai|
|Stem||Cannondale 1, 7075 Alloy, 1-1/8", 31.8, 7°|
|Handlebar||Cannondale 1 Riser, Carbon, 31.8mm, 9° sweep, 4° rise, 780mm|
|Grips||ESI Chunky Silicone|
|Front Brake||SRAM Level TLM hydraulic disc, 180mm CenterLine rotor|
|Rear Brake||SRAM Level TLM hydraulic disc, 160mm CenterLine rotor|
|Brake Levers||SRAM Level TLM hydraulic disc|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM X01 Eagle, 12-speed|
|Shift Levers||SRAM X01 Eagle, 12-speed|
|Cassette||SRAM XG-1295, 10-52, 12-speed|
|Crankset||Truvativ Stylo C Eagle DUB, 34t|
|Chain||SRAM X01 Eagle, 12-speed|
|Front wheel||Rim - HollowGram 25, Superlight Hi-Impact Carbon, 28h, 25mm IW, tubeless-ready, DT Swiss Competition Race, straight-pull / HollowGram Lefty 60|
|Rear wheel||Rim - HollowGram 25, Superlight Hi-Impact Carbon, 28h, 25mm IW, tubeless-ready, DT Swiss Competition Race, straight-pull / Hub - HollowGram with DT Swiss Star Ratchet internals, 12x148mm thru-axle|
|Front Tyre||Maxxis Ardent Race, 29 x 2.4", EXO Protection, tubeless-ready clincher|
|Rear Tyre||Maxxis Recon Race, 29 x 2.35", EXO Protection, tubeless-ready clincher|
|Saddle||Fabric Scoop Flat Race, hollow titanium rails|
|Seatpost||Cannondale DownLow Dropper, internal routing, 31.6, 100mm (S), 125mm (M-L), 150mm (XL)|
|Pedals||Available to be purchased separately|
|Accessories||Cannondale Wheel Sensor|
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), attach the handlebars to the stem and tighten them following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools. Visit our Bike Assembly page to see how you assemble your new bike once you receive it.
All bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
Please note, occasionally, manufacturers may change the specification without notice. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified. Bikes ordered for delivery will not arrive with the pedals installed, please refer to the owners manual and pedal installation guides provided for guidance or contact Customer Care. We do not install accessories to bikes, including mudguards.