Why buy your bike from Sigma Sports?
Don't hesitate to reach out to us. It's our goal to answer all of your questions and offer the best advice from our experts. We’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have. Contact us now or visit us in-store.
All our bikes are fully built by our Cytech qualified mechanics. To find out more, see the Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested section below to see how we'll deliver your bike.
We offer FREE DELIVERY of your bike to your home or place of work. Once you've placed your order, our Customer Care team will be in contact to offer a convenient delivery date of your choice.
We've partnered with PedalSure to offer you 30-DAYS FREE bike insurance on new bikes over £400. Visit our Cycle Insurance page to learn more and claim.
Cannondale Scalpel HM 1 Mountain Bike 2021
The Cannondale Scalpel HM 1 Mountain Bike will meet the needs of the most demanding cross country racers. It's incredibly light with agressive geometry and ground-breaking suspension technology, delivering punchy acceleration and unmatched traction so you can go faster, have more fun on the trails, and chase those podium positions.
With FlexPivot suspension in the frame, there are no compromises; you get both low weight and performance, with the carbon fibre flex zones giving you the same benefits as a Horst Link pivot while improving stiffness and durability. This suspension is customised for each frame size so every rider gets the same performance benefits. Unique Ai (Asymmetric Integration) is key to the bike's agile feel, with shorter chainstays that improve traction and add massive clearance for fat tyres and mud. The frame is paired with an ultralight Lefty Ocho fork, one that offers unparalleled precision handling, and when you hit rougher trails you'll really appreciate the confidence-inspiring stability.
Shifting is taken care of by Shimano's XT and XTR 1x 12-speed drivetrain, which is silent and extremely precise. It marries a 34t front ring to a 10-51-tooth cassette, offering plenty of gears and smooth jumps between the cogs so you can easier maintain momentum and traction. Hydraulic discs bring both power and modulation to your braking in all conditions, while the strong, stiff 29" wheels roll fast and smooth over even the bigger obstacles. DirectLine routing keeps aesthetics sleek and makes cable installation a breeze.
Aside from performance, the Scalpel HM includes a number of practical features too. The Stash kit sits under a water bottle and stows a Fabric mini tool, tubeless kit and CO2 inflator so you can take some of the bulk out of your pockets or bag, and you'll be well equipped when it comes to trail-side maintenance. There are two water bottle mounts on the frame, making it easy to stay hydrated and in peak condition.
- FlexPivot — The key to Scalpel’s incredible suspension performance and light weight. These patented carbon fibre flex zones act just like a Horst link pivot, but are lighter, stiffer and more durable than any bearing setup
- Stash Kit — Everything you need for lighting fast trailside repairs. A Fabric 8-in-1 mini tool in a quick-draw holster, a Dynaplug tubeless plug kit, and your CO2 inflator, all stashed neatly under your water bottle
- Lefty Ocho — Simply the most advanced, smoothest, most precise-handling ultralight XC fork ever made. Its one-of-a-kind design lets it float through the chop and steer through the chunder like nothing else
- OutFront Steering Geometry — Lefty’s extra-long fork offset gives you more stability and confidence when things get rough while keeping the steering XC-quick everywhere else
- Connected — An integrated wheel sensor delivers hyper-accurate speed, route and distance info, registers your bike, reminds you of needed servicing and more, all through the free Cannondale App
- Ai (Asymmetric Integration) - The unique offset drivetrain delivers big tyre/mud clearance while keeping the chainstays short for traction and agility. It also creates a stiffer, stronger rear wheel
- Proportional Response — Unlike the competition, who use the same suspension kinematic across all sizes, Cannondale customise the layout of suspension for each one, so that every rider, from the smallest to the tallest, experiences the same brilliant suspension performance
- Two water bottle mounts
- Stiff. Light. Fast - At just over 1,900 grams (claimed, size medium), complete with shock, the new Scalpel frame is one of the absolute lightest dual-suspension MTB frames ever made
- DirectLine Cable Routing — Tube-in-tube internal cable routing in the frame and swingarm makes installing cables quick and easy
- Shimano XTR, 1x12-speed drivetrain
|Frame||Cannondale all-new, BallisTec Hi-Mod carbon, Proportional Response Tuned, FlexPivot chainstay, PF30-83, tapered headtube, Speed Release 12mm thru-axle, Ai Offset, Stash compatible|
|Rear Shock||Fox Float DPS Factory EVOL, 100mm travel, remote lockout, adjustable rebound|
|Fork||Cannondale Lefty Ocho Carbon, 100mm, Chamber Damper with remote lockout, OppO Spring System, tapered steerer, 55mm offset|
|Headset||Integrated, 1-1/8 to 1.5", sealed angular contact bearings|
|Bottom Bracket||Cannondale Alloy PressFit30|
|Stem||Cannondale 1, 7075 Alloy, 1-1/8", 31.8, 7°|
|Handlebar||Cannondale 1 Flat, Carbon, 31.8mm, 9° back, 760mm|
|Grips||ESI Silicone 32mm|
|Brakes||Shimano XTR hydraulic disc, 160mm Ice Tech rotors|
|Brake Levers||Shimano XTR hydraulic disc|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano XTR, Shadow Plus 12-speed|
|Shift Levers||Shimano XTR, 12-speed|
|Cassette||Shimano XT, 10-51, 12-speed|
|Crankset||Cannondale HollowGram, BB30a, OPI SpideRing, 34T, Ai offset|
|Chain||Shimano XT, 12-speed|
|Front wheel||Cannondale Lefty 60 hub / HollowGram 25, Superlight Hi-Impact carbon, 28-hole, 25mm IW, tubeless-ready rim / HollowGram 2.0/1.8/2.0 spokes|
|Rear wheel||DT Swiss, 12x148 hub / HollowGram 25, Superlight Hi-Impact carbon, 28-hole, 25mm IW, tubeless-ready rim / HollowGram 2.0/1.8/2.0 spokes|
|Front Tyre||Schwalbe Racing Ralph, 29 x 2.25", Snake Skin, Addix Speed Compound, tubeless-ready clincher|
|Rear Tyre||Schwalbe Racing Ralph, 29 x 2.25", Snake Skin, Addix Speed Compound, tubeless-ready clincher|
|Saddle||Prologo Dimension NDR, Tirox rails|
|Seatpost||ENVE Carbon, 31.6 x 400mm, 0mm offset|
|Connectivity||Cannondale Wheel Sensor|
|Extras||Stash Kit (Fabric 8 in 1 Mini Tool and Dynaplug tubeless puncture repair tool)|
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if specified), attach the handlebars to the stem and tighten them following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools. Visit our Bike Assembly page to see how you assemble your new bike once you receive it.
All bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
Please note, occasionally, manufacturers may change the specification without notice. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified. We do not install accessories to bikes, including mudguards.