Focus Izalco Race AL 105 Road Bike 2018
The Focus Izalco Race AL 105 Road Bike shares the same race-ready geometry as its big brother, the Max, ideal for those looking for a fast, efficient and direct ride right from the get-go. Featuring a 6061 aluminium frameset, this lightweight offering is extremely tough and reliable, while the carbon fibre fork helps to shed unwanted grams and increase comfort levels on longer rides.
The carbon fibre fork construction helps soften the Izalco's aggressive geometry, effectively damping any unwanted road feedback before it is transferred onto the rider's wrists. This intuitive combination of performance and comfort make it the perfect choice for long distance, high-intensity riding. Utilising internal gear and brake cable routing, both the aesthetics and aerodynamics of the Izalco are improved, while also adding some extra protection between the cables and the elements, perfect for training in poor conditions.
The 105 5800 11-speed groupset complements the bikes high-speed intentions, offering the slick, reliable and fast shifting required to get back up to speed out of a hairpin, while the combined 50/34t chainset and 11-28t cassette provide a gear range broad enough for sprinting and climbing alike. Finished with a host of BBB aluminium components, the Izalco blends performance with value for money, offering the fastest possible bike without breaking the bank.
Utilising a pair of Alex ALX Wheels and Continental's Ultra Sport II Tyres, four season efficiency is improved. The low profile rim design boosts stability in strong crosswinds, while the 25mm tyre width aids grip levels and adds some extra cushioning, ideal for when the weather closes in and the road surfaces become increasingly unpredictable.
- Shimano's reliable 105 groupset
- Carbon fork reduces the weight and increased comfort levels
- Internal cable routing provides better aerodynamics and aesthetics
- 25mm Continental Ultra Sport II Tyres boost grip in all conditions
- Low profile Alex ALX-210 wheels improve cross wind stability
Please note: The image is shown for representation of colour way only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: 6061 aluminum, caliper, BSA BB, 130 mm quick release dropouts, internal brake & gear cable routing
- FORK: Carbon, caliper, 100 mm quick release
- STEM: BBB Basic, aluminium, 31.8mm, +/- 7 degree
- HANDLEBARS: BBB Basic, Aluminium, drop: 125 mm, reach: 70mm
- FRONT BRAKE: Shimano 105 5800, caliper
- REAR BRAKE: Shimano 105 5800, caliper
- BRAKE LEVERS: Shimano 105 5800
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano 105 5801, w/clamp 31.8
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano 105 5800, 11-speed, short cage
- SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano 105 5800
- CASSETTE: Shimano 105 5800, 11-28T
- CRANKSET: Shimano RS510,50/34T
- FRONT WHEEL: Alex ALX-210, quick release, aluminium, 100mm, 20 spokes, 17 mm inner rim width
- REAR WHEEL: Alex ALX-210, quick release, aluminium, 130 mm, 24 spokes, 17 mm inner rim width
- FRONT TYRE: Continental Ultra Sport II, 700 x 25C
- REAR TYRE: Continental Ultra Sport II, 700 x 25C
- SADDLE: Velo VL-1489 Steel Rail
- SEATPOST: BBB Basic, Aluminium, 27,2mm, 350mm, set-back 20mm
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), rotate and tighten the handlebars following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
PRODUCT REF: 822432
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more