Mavic Allroad SL Disc R+ 650b Wheelset 2021
Blending robustness, low weight and agile handling, the Mavic Allroad SL Disc R+ 650b Wheelset is an ideal choice for the most daring of adventures across the roughest gravel tracks and dirt paths.
Mavic utilises its ISM 4D manufacturing process to shave weight away from the rims while keeping their stiffness and strength high. The rims also incorporate Fore Technology that directly threads the spoke nipples into the rim bodies. This process cancels the need to drill through the upper rim bridge, heightening structural integrity and negating the need for rim tape.
The rim’s smaller 650b size affords more accurate handling over technical terrain and also helps wider tyres clear through the frameset’s stays and fork blades. The rims have a broader, 25mm internal width with a hookless format that combines perfectly with wider tubeless-ready tyres, aiding them to realise lower rolling resistance, increased traction and enhanced resistance to bottoming-out.
Aerodynamic spokes save five watts per wheel and combine with the advance flange format of the Infinity hubs to achieve equal spoke tensions. This accurate build format increases power transfer and grants precise disc brake modulation.
- Mavic Allroad SL Disc R+ 650b Wheelset
- Front QR adapters
- UST tubeless-ready tyre valves and accessories
- User guide
- A light but robust wheelset for gravel races and epic adventures over variable terrain
- Aluminium rims are manipulated via ISM 4D technology to bring their weight down while maintaining lateral stiffness
- Fore Technology increases the rim’s strength by threading the spoke nipples directly into the rim, negating the need to drill the upper rim bridge
- 650b rim size helps wider tyres fit in framesets, providing better traction and control
- The smaller 650b rim size promotes more nimble handling for technical terrain
- 25mm internal rim width mates perfectly with very wide tyres to lower rolling resistance and permit lower tyre inflation pressures
- Hookless inner rim format is designed for perfect mating with tubeless-ready tyres
- Infinity hubs increase power transfer and improve disc brake modulation by optimising spoke tensions
- Hub automatic bearing preload adjustment gives added bearing durability
- Instant Drive 360 freehub provide fast engagement under acceleration
- 24 aerodynamic spokes, front and rear, save five watts per wheel, evenly distribute disc braking forces and provide heightened dependability
- Tyre compatibility: UST tubeless-ready clincher
- Wheel size: 650b
- Rim: Maxtal aluminium with Fore Technology
- Rim profile: ISM 4D
- Rim finish: All black, satin surface
- Rim depth: 22mm
- Internal rim width: 25mm
- Rim internal format: Hookless
- Spokes: Mavic steel straight pull, elliptical aero, double-butted
- Spoke count: Front - 24 / Rear - 24
- Spoke lacing pattern: Front - two-cross / Rear - two-cross
- Hubs: Front - Mavic Infinity disc brake / Rear - Mavic Infinity disc brake with Instant Drive 360 freehub
- Freehub compatibility: SRAM XDR or Shimano HG/SRAM Road 11-speed
- Brake compatibility: Disc Center Lock
- Front axle: 12mm x 100mm thru-axle compatible
- Rear axle: 12mm x 142mm thru-axle compatible
- Recommended tyre size: 28mm to 64mm (1.1” - 2.5”)
- Maximum tyre pressure: See indication on wheel and tyre. If they differ, use the lowest of the two
- Maximum recommended rider weight: 120kg/265lbs (including rider, bike and any other luggage)
- Manufacturer claimed weight: Front: 723 grams / Rear: 832 grams / Wheelset: 1,555 grams
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.