Mavic Allroad SL Disc Wheelset 2021
The Mavic Allroad SL Disc Wheelset is a versatile companion for all gravel adventures, bikepacking excursions or quick commutes across the city thanks to its advanced design and robust composition.
Mavic utilises its ISM 4D technology to shave excess material away from the aluminium rims to lower their weight while keeping the lateral rigidity and strength high. The result is a lively ride character that can handle the roughest roads and gravel tracks with aplomb. Fore Technology is incorporated into the rims, and this sees the spoke nipples directly threaded into the rim bodies, negating the need for upper bridge drillings to markedly heighten structural integrity. This solid upper bridge also means that no rim tape is needed, instantly saving around 30 grams of rotational weight.
A hookless, 22mm wide internal rim format forms an airtight seal with tubeless-ready tyres and supports their sidewalls to help them realise lower rolling resistance and improved traction and greater resilience to bottoming-out over rough ground.
Infinity hubs possess an advanced flange format that works in unison with the strong, aerodynamic spokes to grant supremely even build tensions for more efficient power transfer and precise modulation of the disc brakes.
- Mavic Allroad SL Disc Wheelset
- Front QR adapters
- UST valve and accessories
- User guide
- A light but robust wheelset for gravel races and epic adventures over variable terrain
- Aluminium rims are manipulated via ISM 4D technology to bring their weight down while maintaining lateral stiffness
- Fore Technology increases the rim's strength by threading the spoke nipples directly into the rim, negating the need to drill the upper rim bridge
- 22mm internal rim width mates perfectly with very wide tyres (up to 64mm width) to lower rolling resistance and permit lower tyre inflation pressures
- Hookless inner rim format is designed for perfect mating with tubeless-ready tyres
- Infinity hubs are light, increase power transfer and improve disc brake modulation by optimising spoke tensions
- Hub automatic bearing preload adjustment gives added bearing durability
- Instant Drive 360 freehub provide fast engagement under acceleration
- 24 aerodynamic spokes, front and rear, save five watts per wheel, evenly distribute disc braking forces and provide heightened dependability over rough surfaces
- Tyre compatibility: UST tubeless-ready clincher
- Wheel size: 700c
- Rim: Maxtal aluminium with Fore Technology
- Rim profile: ISM 4D
- Rim finish: All black, satin surface
- Rim depth: 22mm
- Internal rim width: 22mm
- Rim internal format: Hookless
- Spokes: Mavic steel straight pull, elliptical aero, double-butted
- Spoke count: Front - 24 / Rear - 24
- Spoke lacing pattern: Front - two-cross / Rear - two-cross
- Hubs: Front - Mavic Infinity disc brake / Rear - Mavic Infinity disc brake with Instant Drive 360 freehub
- Freehub compatibility: SRAM XDR or Shimano HG/SRAM Road 11-speed
- Brake compatibility: Disc Center Lock
- Front axle: 12mm x 100mm thru-axle compatible
- Rear axle: 12mm x 142mm thru-axle compatible
- Recommended tyre size: 28mm to 64mm (1.1” - 2.5”)
- Maximum tyre pressure: See indication on wheel and tyre. If they differ, use the lowest of the two
- Maximum recommended rider weight: 120kg/265lbs (including rider, bike and any other luggage)
- Manufacturer claimed weight: Front: 740 grams / Rear: 850 grams / Wheelset: 1,590 grams
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.