Mavic Cosmic SL 40 Clincher Wheelset 2021
With a high-grade carbon construction and an aerodynamic design, the Mavic Cosmic SL 40 Clincher Wheelset is a truly versatile option that excels across any road topography.
The rims are made from a refined carbon fibre material that naturally affords high lateral stiffness while keeping the weight low. The carbon fibre material is oriented specifically in line with the different loads across the rim while riding, affording a lively and responsive ride sensation. A different material layup is specified on the braking area, and this combines with a laser-etched surface to promote consistent braking in all conditions and reduce heat build-up on long descents.
The 40mm deep rim profile has been tuned in the wind tunnel to reduce drag significantly while the broader, 19mm internal rim width better supports tubeless-ready or standard clincher tyres, helping them to realise lower rolling resistance and heightened levels of comfort.
Infinity hubs use their advanced flange format to mate perfectly with the strong steel spokes, granting more even build tension that in turn gives superior amounts of efficiency and improved durability.
- Mavic Cosmic SL 40 Clincher Wheelset
- BR301 quick releases
- Carbon brake pads
- UST valve and accessories
- Pre-installed tubeless rim tape
- User guide
- A tremendously versatile wheelset that performs exceptionally within any road riding scenario
- Full carbon rim gives high lateral stiffness while reducing weight
- NACA wind tunnel tuned 40mm deep rim profile reduces aerodynamic drag markedly but is also highly stable in crosswinds
- 19mm internal rim width lowers tyre rolling resistance and improves comfort
- Patented laser treatment of the brake track shortens stopping distance in both dry and wet conditions and reduced heat build-up
- Tubeless-ready and standard clincher tyre compatible
- Infinity hubs are light and increase power transfer by optimising spoke tensions
- Hub automatic bearing preload adjustment gives added bearing durability
- Instant Drive 360 freehub provide fast engagement under acceleration
- Steel spokes provide even build tensions to be strong and reliable
- Isopulse rear spoke lacing pattern helps to improve power transfer
- Tyre compatibility: UST tubeless-ready clincher or standard clincher
- Wheel size: 700c
- Rim: 100% carbon
- Rim profile: Wide NACA
- Rim finish: Naked carbon, satin surface
- Rim depth: 40mm
- Internal rim width: 19mm
- External rim width: 26mm
- Rim internal format: Hooked
- Spokes: Mavic steel straight pull, flat, double-butted
- Spoke count: Front - 18 / Rear - 20
- Spoke lacing pattern: Front - radial / Rear - Isopulse
- Hubs: Front - Mavic Infinity / Rear - Mavic Infinity with Instant Drive 360 freehub
- Freehub compatibility: Shimano HG/SRAM Road 11-speed
- Brake compatibility: Standard rim brake caliper
- Braking surface: Carbon, iTgMAX
- Recommended tyre size: 25mm to 32mm
- Maximum tyre pressure: See indication on wheel and tyre. If they differ, use the lowest of the two
- Maximum recommended rider weight: 120kg/265lbs (including rider, bike and any other luggage)
- Manufacturer claimed weight: Front - 704 grams / Rear - 895 grams / Wheelset - 1,599 grams
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.