Mavic Cosmic SLR 32 Disc Wheelset 2021
With a state of the art rim construction and profile, and a meticulous design, the Mavic Cosmic SLR 32 Disc Wheelset are the perfect choice if gunning for a PB or a KOM on any climb, mountain or berg alike.
The high grade of carbon fibre used in the construction of the rims is manipulated via Mavic's Fore Carbon Technology that adds material only in high load areas to maximise lateral stiffness while keeping the weight low. This technology also co-moulds metal spoke thread inserts into the rims, eliminating the need to drill through the upper rim bridge. This concept helps to increase the rim's strength, lower its weight and negates the need for any rim tape.
The rim profile has been wind tunnel tuned so that it slices through the wind effectively despite its relatively shallow 32mm depth. A broad, 21mm internal rim width mates perfectly with 23mm to 32mm tubeless-ready or standard clincher tyres, coercing them into superior cross-sectional profiles. These improved profiles help tyres to realise lower rolling resistance, heightened levels of comfort and increased cornering traction.
Mavic's infinity hubs feature lightweight aluminium shells and have an automatic preload adjustment configuration to lengthen the life of the smooth spinning bearings. These hubs increase power transfer and disc brake modulation by optimising and equalising spoke tensions while the Instant Drive 360 freehub gives instant engagement under power. Elliptical aero spokes save five watts per wheel and link the build together via reliable two-cross lacing patterns.
- UST valve and accessories
- User guide
- A light but responsive wheelset that excels on any climb from mountain to berg
- Full carbon rim uses Fore Carbon Technology to heighten lateral stiffness and reduce weight
- NACA wind tunnel tuned 32mm deep rim profile gives stable handling and lowers aerodynamic drag
- Fore Carbon Technology improves rim strength to weight ratio by attaching spokes directly, negating the need for drilled holes in the upper rim bridge
- The solid upper rim bridge means that no rim tape is required, saving 30 grams
- 21mm internal rim width lowers tyre rolling resistance and improves comfort
- Tubeless-ready and standard clincher tyre compatible
- Infinity hubs are light, increase power transfer and improve disc brake modulation by optimising spoke tensions
- Hub automatic bearing preload adjustment gives added bearing durability
- Instant Drive 360 freehub provide fast engagement under acceleration
- Patented elliptical aero spokes are strong and dependable and reduce drag by five watts per wheel
- Tyre compatibility: UST tubeless-ready clincher or standard clincher
- Wheel size: 700c
- Rim: 100% carbon fibre made with Fore Carbon technology
- Rim profile: Wide NACA
- Rim finish: Naked carbon, satin surface
- Rim depth: 32mm
- Internal rim width: 21mm
- Rim internal format: Hooked
- Spokes: Mavic steel straight pull, elliptical aero, double-butted
- Spoke count: Front - 24 / Rear - 24
- Spoke lacing pattern: Front - two-cross / Rear - two-cross
- Hubs: Front - Mavic Infinity Disc Brake / Rear - Mavic Infinity Disc Brake with Instant Drive 360 freehub
- Freehub compatibility: SRAM XDR or Shimano HG/SRAM Road 11-speed
- Brake compatibility: Disc Center Lock
- Front axle: 12mm x 100mm thru-axle compatible (Convertible to Quick Release with optional adapters (available separately))
- Rear axle: 12mm x 142mm thru-axle compatible (Convertible to Quick Release and 12x135 thru-axle with optional adapters (available separately))
- Recommended tyre size: 25mm to 32mm
- Maximum tyre pressure: See indication on wheel and tyre. If they differ, use the lowest of the two
- Maximum recommended rider weight: 120kg/265lbs (including rider, bike and any other luggage)
- Manufacturer claimed weight: Front: 640 grams / Rear: 770 grams / Wheelset: 1410 grams
Unable to display Reviews due to Privacy Settings.
Adjust your Cookie Preferences to Opt-in "YES" to "Functional Cookies".