Mavic Ksyrium SL Disc Wheelset 2021
The Ksyrium SL Disc Wheelset continues Mavic’s highly respected range by offering even more versatility via lower weight, higher responsiveness and improved durability to result in a true all-round performer, suited to any road riding scenario.
The Maxtal aluminium rims are manipulated via Mavic’s ISM 4D process that chamfers material from between the spoke holes while keeping the walls thicker where peak loads are experienced during riding. The result is a rim that weighs just 400 grams, but that still promotes generous levels of lateral stiffness.
The rims incorporate Fore Technology that sees the spoke nipples directly threaded into the rim body. This procedure negates the need to drill the upper bridge, enhancing the rim’s strength markedly. The lack of drillings also means that no rim tape is needed, which saves a further 30 grams. The broader, 19mm internal rim width coerces tubeless-ready or standard clincher tyres into superior cross-sectional profiles, resulting in lower rolling resistance and heightened comfort.
Infinity hubs are light and use their advanced flange format to equalise spoke tensions for efficient power transfer, better disc brake modulation and enhanced durability. The spokes are Mavic’s own aero variety that save five watts per wheel thanks to their elliptical profiles.
- Front QR adapters
- UST tubeless-tyre valves and accessories
- User guide
- A light, durable and versatile wheelset designed for everyday performance
- Aluminium rims are manipulated via ISM 4D technology to bring their weight down to just 400 grams while maintaining lateral stiffness
- Fore Technology increases the rims strength by threading the spoke nipples directly into the rim, negating the need to drill the upper rim bridge
- The solid upper rim bridge/tyre bed means that no rim tape is required, saving 30 grams
- 19mm internal rim width lowers tyre rolling resistance and improves comfort
- Tubeless-ready and standard clincher tyre compatible
- Infinity hubs are light, increase power transfer and improve disc brake modulation by optimising spoke tensions
- Hub automatic bearing preload adjustment gives added bearing durability
- Instant Drive 360 freehub provide fast engagement under acceleration
- Patented elliptical aero spokes are strong and dependable and reduce drag by five watts per wheel
- Tyre compatibility: UST tubeless-ready clincher or standard clincher
- Wheel size: 700c
- Rim: Maxtal aluminium with Fore Technology
- Rim profile: ISM 4D
- Rim finish: All black, satin surface
- Rim depth: 22mm
- Internal rim width: 19mm
- Rim internal format: Hooked
- Spokes: Mavic steel straight pull, elliptical aero, double-butted
- Spoke count: Front - 24 / Rear - 24
- Spoke lacing pattern: Front - two-cross / Rear - two-cross
- Hubs: Front - Mavic Infinity Disc Brake / Rear - Mavic Infinity Disc Brake with Instant Drive 360 freehub
- Freehub compatibility: SRAM XDR or Shimano HG/SRAM Road 11-speed
- Brake compatibility: Disc Center Lock
- Front axle: 12mm x 100mm thru-axle compatible
- Rear axle: 12mm x 142mm thru-axle compatible
- Recommended tyre size: 25mm to 32mm
- Maximum tyre pressure: See indication on wheel and tyre. If they differ, use the lowest of the two
- Maximum recommended rider weight: 120kg/265lbs (including rider, bike and any other luggage)
- Manufacturer claimed weight: Front: 723 grams / Rear: 852 grams / Wheelset: 1,575 grams
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.