Why buy your bike from Sigma Sports?
Don't hesitate to reach out to us. It's our goal to answer all of your questions and offer the best advice from our experts. We’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have. Contact us now or visit us in-store.
All our bikes are fully built by our Cytech qualified mechanics. To find out more, see the Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested section below to see how we'll deliver your bike.
We offer FREE DELIVERY of your bike to your home or place of work. Once you've placed your order, our Customer Care team will be in contact to offer a convenient delivery date of your choice.
Cyclescheme can save you up to 39% on a bike and accessories. Visit our Cycle to Work Scheme page to learn more and claim.
Orbea Avant M20 Team Disc Road Bike 2020
The Orbea Avant M20 Team Disc Road Bike is an endurance machine that leans a little more towards rider comfort, with a geometry that's slightly less racy for all-day riding. Orbea Monocoque Performance (OMP) technology blends the carbon layup with a combination of high modulus, high strength fibres, strategically engineered to reduce weight while retaining strength and stiffness. The Dynamic Structure creates a smoother ride, preventing fatigue as the roads get rough, while in the chainstays, downtube and headtube, flex is resisted and the resulting torsional rigidity ensures efficient power transfer. Longer, more rounded-blade profile fork legs further contribute to the stiffness and bring clearance for wider, more comfortable tyres.
Complementing the frameset is Shimano's Ultegra mechanical groupset, with a wide-ranging 11-32t cassette and compact chainrings, bringing the gears you need for steep climbs without holding you back when you descend. Hydraulic discs make this a bike that'll perform no matter the conditions, and give you the confidence to ride at speed knowing you can stop fast when required. The build is completed by a strong wheelset, Vittoria Zafiro IV 28mm tyres and frame-size-specific handlebar, stem and cranks.
- Orbea Monocoque Performance (OMP) adds high modulus and high strength fibres to a standard layup to improve the stiffness-to-weight ratio
- Bladder moulding with polyurethane headtube and bottom bracket inserts eliminates wrinkles in critical zones, allowing less carbon to be used while maintaining strength
- Avant’s Dynamic Structure provides a smooth, light ride without bulky compromises like tubing inserts and elastomers. The natural flex patterns created by the carbon layup and minimal bulk of the top tube and seatstays deliver a dynamic, smooth ride that feels like floating over rough roads
- The headtube, downtube and chainstays are shaped to resist twisting and transmit power to the rear wheel
- Avant Endurance Geometry endurance ergonomics result in a bike that is easier to ride and increases stamina. Handling is precise and intuitive
- The Avant fork uses a shallower, rounded-blade profile and longer fork legs to offer the best combination of elasticity, tyre clearance and torsional stiffness. The increased axle-to-crown height is offset by a shorter headtube to maintain stack measurements and improve aesthetics
- Shimano Ultegra R8000 11-speed disc groupset
- Orbea clincher wheels and Vittoria Zafiro IV 28c tyres
- Please note: Spec is as listed, images are for illustration of colourway only
|Frame||Orbea Avant carbon OMP disc, monocoque construction, tapered 1-1/8” - 1,5”, BB 386, powermeter compatible, thru-axle 12mm x 142mm rear, thread M12x P1.5, internal cable routing, EC/DC compatible, seatpost diameter 27.2mm|
|Fork||Orbea Avant OMP carbon disc fork, full carbon steerer, tapered 1-1/8” - 1,5”, carbon dropouts, thru-axle 12mm x 100m|
|Headset||FSA 1-1/8 - 1-1/2” integrated aluminium cup ACB bearings|
|Bottom Bracket||BB 386|
|Stem||Orbea OC1 Road -6º, length - 90mm (47) / 100mm (49-51) / 110mm (53-57) / 120mm (60)|
|Handlebar||Orbea OC1 Road, reach 80mm, drop 125mm, width - 400mm (47-49) / 420mm (51-55) / 440mm (57-60)|
|Front Brake||Shimano R8070 hydraulic disc|
|Rear Brake||Shimano R8070 hydraulic disc|
|Brake Levers||Shimano ST-8020|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano Ultegra R8000|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Ultegra R8000 GS, 11-speed|
|Shift Levers||Shimano ST-8020, 11-speed|
|Cassette||Shimano 105 R7000, 11-32t, 11-speed|
|Crankset||Shimano Ultegra R8000, 34x50t, crank length - 170mm (47-53) / 172mm (55-57) / 175mm (60)|
|Front Wheel||Orbea wheels, 12mm E-Thru hubset Shimano RS470 28h, clincher / Orbea Road 12x100mm, thread M12xP1.5 hub|
|Rear Wheel||Orbea wheels, 12mm E-Thru hubset Shimano RS470 32h, clincher / Orbea Road 12x142mm, thread M12xP1.5 hub|
|Front Tyre||Vittoria Zafiro IV, 700x28c, clincher|
|Rear Tyre||Vittoria Zafiro IV, 700x28c, clincher|
|Saddle||Selle Royal Seta RS|
|Seatpost||Alloy 27.2 Offset 20|
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if specified), attach the handlebars to the stem and tighten them following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools. Visit our Bike Assembly page to see how you assemble your new bike once you receive it.
All bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
Please note, occasionally, manufacturers may change the specification without notice. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified. We do not install accessories to bikes, including mudguards.
Orbea Avant M20 Team Disc Road Bike 2020 Sizing
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.