Why buy your bike from Sigma Sports?
Don't hesitate to reach out to us. It's our goal to answer all of your questions and offer the best advice from our experts. We’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have. Contact us now or visit us in-store.
All our bikes are fully built by our Cytech qualified mechanics. To find out more, see the Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested section below to see how we'll deliver your bike.
We offer FREE DELIVERY of your bike to your home or place of work. Once you've placed your order, our Customer Care team will be in contact to offer a convenient delivery date of your choice.
Cyclescheme can save you up to 39% on a bike and accessories. Visit our Cycle to Work Scheme page to learn more and claim.
Orbea Avant M40 Team Disc Road Bike 2020
Offering a stiff yet highly compliant frameset, Avant Endurance Geometry, reliable componentry and frame-size-specific finishing kit, the Orbea Avant M40 Team Disc Road Bike is best suited to those preferring a slightly more relaxed position. You'll be comfortable on rough roads hour after hour thanks to the Dynamic Structure, locating flex zones where required for an incredibly smooth ride. The carbon construction uses Orbea Monocoque Performance (OMP) technology, combining the standard layup with high modulus and high strength fibres to increase the stiffness-to-weight ratio, and torsional rigidity in the headtube, downtube and chainstays efficiently transfer your power through the pedals, so there's no compromise to performance.
Shimano Tiagra is a reliable 10-speed groupset with a good range of gears for climbing and descending, with hydraulic disc brakes taking care of stopping in all conditions. Cables are routed internally in keeping with the sleek lines of the frame, which also serves to reduce contamination and consequently improve the longevity of your setup.
- Orbea Monocoque Performance (OMP) adds high modulus and high strength fibres to a standard layup to improve the stiffness-to-weight ratio
- Bladder moulding with polyurethane headtube and bottom bracket inserts eliminates wrinkles in critical zones, allowing less carbon to be used while maintaining strength
- Avant’s Dynamic Structure provides a smooth, light ride without bulky compromises like tubing inserts and elastomers. The natural flex patterns created by the carbon layup and minimal bulk of the top tube and seatstays deliver a dynamic, smooth ride that feels like floating over rough roads
- The headtube, downtube and chainstays are shaped to resist twisting and transmit power to the rear wheel
- Avant Endurance Geometry endurance ergonomics result in a bike that is easier to ride and increases stamina. Handling is precise and intuitive
- The Avant fork uses a shallower, rounded-blade profile and longer fork legs to offer the best combination of elasticity, tyre clearance and torsional stiffness. The increased axle-to-crown height is offset by a shorter headtube to maintain stack measurements and improve aesthetics
- Shimano Tiagra 10-speed disc groupset
- Orbea clincher wheels and Vittoria Zafiro IV 28c tyres
- Please note: Spec is as listed, images are for illustration of colourway only
|Frame||Orbea Avant carbon OMP disc, monocoque construction, tapered 1-1/8” - 1,5”, BB 386, power meter compatible, thru-axle 12mm x 142mm rear, thread M12x P1.5, internal cable routing, EC/DC compatible, seatpost diameter 27.2mm|
|Fork||Orbea Avant OMP carbon disc fork, full carbon steerer, tapered 1-1/8” - 1,5”, carbon dropouts, thru-axle 12mm x 100m|
|Headset||FSA 1-1/8 - 1-1/2” integrated aluminium cup ACB bearings|
|Bottom Bracket||BB 386|
|Stem||Orbea OC1 Road -6º, length - 90mm (47) / 100mm (49-51) / 110mm (53-57) / 120mm (60)|
|Handlebar||Orbea OC1 Road, reach 80mm, drop 125mm, width - 400mm (47-49) / 420mm (51-55) / 440mm (57-60)|
|Front Brake||Shimano Tiagra 4770 hydraulic disc|
|Rear Brake||Shimano Tiagra 4770 hydraulic disc|
|Brake Levers||Shimano Tiagra ST-4770|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano Tiagra 4700|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Tiagra 4700 GS, 10-speed|
|Shift Levers||Shimano Tiagra ST-4770, 10-speed|
|Cassette||Shimano Tiagra HG-500, 11-34t, 10-speed|
|Crankset||Shimano Tiagra 4700, 34x50t, crank length - 170mm (47-53) / 172mm (55-57) / 175mm (60)|
|Front Wheel||Orbea wheels, 12mm E-Thru hubset Shimano RS470 28h, clincher / Orbea Road 12x100mm, thread M12xP1.5 hub|
|Rear Wheel||Orbea wheels, 12mm E-Thru hubset Shimano RS470 32h, clincher / Orbea Road 12x142mm, thread M12xP1.5 hub|
|Front Tyre||Vittoria Zafiro IV, 700x28c, clincher|
|Rear Tyre||Vittoria Zafiro IV, 700x28c, clincher|
|Saddle||Selle Royal Seta RS|
|Seatpost||Alloy 27.2 Offset 20|
|Pedals||Available to be purchased separately|
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), attach the handlebars to the stem and tighten them following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools. Visit our Bike Assembly page to see how you assemble your new bike once you receive it.
All bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
Please note, occasionally, manufacturers may change the specification without notice. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified. Bikes ordered for delivery will not arrive with the pedals installed, please refer to the owners manual and pedal installation guides provided for guidance or contact Customer Care. We do not install accessories to bikes, including mudguards.