Quarq Spider RED AXS D1 107BCD Power Meter Crankset Bundle
Power meters are now standard on the bikes of the pros, and their prevalence on amateurs bikes is also rapidly increasing. This is for a good reason as the use of a power meter allows time efficient training even within hectic lifestyles. But a power meter must be accurate, efficient and streamlined in use to be a valid tool. The Quarq Spider RED AXS D1 107BCD Power Meter Crankset Bundle provides these necessary traits via a coalition of technical features.
The dual-sided power measurement of this unit permits industry-leading 1.5% accuracy and can even glean the amount of power contributed by the left and right legs individually. Changing climatic conditions, such as those experienced when riding in the mountains, can often promote inconsistencies within a power meter. Still, accuracy is enhanced and assured within this device by the integrated active temperature compensation feature.
An easy user-changeable CR2032 battery provides power for up to 200 hours and is housed next to the measurement electronics within the crankset spider. Shielded to a waterproof rating of IPX7 this unit can be used in all weather and riding conditions.
The vast reams of data collected are beamed wirelessly to all compatible bike computers and smartphones by utilisation of the ANT+ and Bluetooth communication channels before linking to the SRAM AXS app takes care of setup, calibration and firmware update duties.
Carbon crank arms, available in multiple lengths to suit differing rider morphology and the SRAM DUB axle arrangement then permit a stiff and responsive ride sensation and complete an extensive racing and training companion.
Good to know
- Only compatible with SRAM DUB bottom brackets
- No chainrings are included
- Fully integrated power measurement suitable for use with either SRAM Force 2x or SRAM X-Sync Road 1x 4-bolt 107BCD chainrings (chainrings not included and are sold separately)
- Power readings are accurate within +/-1.5% and aren’t affected by climate conditions during a ride.
- Dual-sided power measurement directly measures the power from both legs
- Active temperature compensation
- MagicZero™ - automatic calibration as you ride - you no longer need to backpedal or manually calibrate your head unit.
- Power Balance feature measures left and right leg power output split
- No cadence magnet required
- CR 2032 battery powered - 200 hours of use and can be easily changed without tools by the user.
- IPX7 waterproof rating
- DUB™ axle adds efficiency, durability, simplicity and broad compatibility
- Speeds: compatible with SRAM 12-speed groupsets
- Crank arm lengths available: 165mm, 167.5mm, 170mm, 172.5mm, 175mm, 177.5mm
- Bottom bracket compatibility: All SRAM Road DUB BB’s
- BB Spindle Interface: DUB
- Crank arm material: Carbon
- Connectivity: ANT+ and Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)