Why buy your bike from Sigma Sports?
Don't hesitate to reach out to us. It's our goal to answer all of your questions and offer the best advice from our experts. We’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have. Contact us now or visit us in-store.
All our bikes are fully built by our Cytech qualified mechanics. To find out more, see the Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested section below to see how we'll deliver your bike.
We offer FREE DELIVERY of your bike to your home or place of work. Once you've placed your order, our Customer Care team will be in contact to offer a convenient delivery date of your choice.
We've partnered with Pedalsure to offer you 30-DAYS FREE bike insurance on new bikes over £400. Visit our Cycle Insurance page to learn more and claim.
Santa Cruz Tallboy 5 S Mountain Bike
Labelled as 'the downhiller's XC bike', the Santa Cruz Tallboy C S Mountain Bike is a do-everything machine that's efficient on the climbs, descends like longer travel bikes and suits those looking to spend hours on the trails. Minor updates to its predecessor bring updated kinematics and geometry, and the inclusion of Glovebox storage, with a fitted Tool Wallet and Tube Purse, so you can keep your tools to hand.
130mm and 120mm travel, front and rear respectively, help soak up hard hits, and VPP™ suspension balances pedalling efficiency and bump absorption perfectly. The bike offers predictable handling and a responsive and energetic ride, while anti-squat has been reduced for improved small bump sensitivity and square-edge compliance. Proportional Geometry matches the chainstay length and seat angle to frame size, so ride feel and handling are balanced across the range.
SRAM GX Eagle components in a 1x12-speed configuration provide precision shifting and the gear range is wide. G2 R hydraulic disc brakes allow you to hit fast, technical descents with confidence-inspiring stopping power, while the fast-rolling 29" wheels are fitted with Maxxis Dissector and Rekon tyres that are ideal for dry, loose terrains.
- Santa Cruz Tallboy Carbon C frame, 120mm travel
- FOX 34 Float Performance fork, 130mm travel
- FOX Float Performance DPS shock
- The highly-refined VPP™ suspension on the Tallboy combines pedalling efficiency and all-out bump-chomping prowess
- Proportional Geometry and frame stiffness tune - Chainstay length and seat angle are matched to the frame size (STA steepens and rear centre grows as frame size increases) so that every rider, no matter what height, gets the same balance of geometry and handling characteristics
- Glovebox in the downtube comes with a fitted Tool Wallet and Tube Purse, tailored for the frame to keep your tools close to hand
- SRAM GX Eagle 12-speed drivetrain and SRAM G2 R hydraulic disc brakes
- 29" wheels and Maxxis Dissector/Rekon tubeless-ready tyres
- RockShox Reverb Stealth dropper post
|Frame||Santa Cruz Tallboy Carbon C, 120mm travel|
|Fork||FOX 34 Float Performance, 130mm travel, 29"|
|Shock||FOX Float Performance DPS, 120mm travel|
|Headset||Cane Creek 40 IS integrated|
|Bottom Bracket||SRAM DUB 68/73mm|
|Stem||Burgtec Enduro MK3, 42.5mm|
|Handlebar||Burgtec Alloy Bar, 800mm width, 30mm Rise|
|Grips||Santa Cruz House Grips|
|Front Brake||SRAM G2 R, Avid Centerline 180mm rotor|
|Rear Brake||SRAM G2 R, Avid Centerline 180mm rotor|
|Brake Levers||SRAM G2 R|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM GX Eagle, 12-speed|
|Shift Levers||SRAM GX Eagle, 12-speed|
|Chain||SRAM GX Eagle, 12-speed|
|Cassette||SRAM XG1275 Eagle 10-50t|
|Crankset||SRAM GX Eagle 148 DUB, 32t|
|Front Wheel||Rim - Race Face AR Offset 30 29" / hub - DT Swiss 370, 15x110, 32h|
|Rear Wheel||Rim - Race Face AR Offset 30 29" / hub - DT Swiss 370, 12x148, XD, 32h|
|Front Tyre||Maxxis Dissector, 29"x2.4, 3C, EXO, MaxxTerra, tubeless-ready clincher|
|Rear Tyre||Maxxis Rekon, 29"x2.4, 3C. EXO, MaxxTerra, tubeless-ready clincher|
|Saddle||WTB Silverado Pro|
|Seatpost||RockShox Reverb Stealth, 31.6mm|
|Pedals||Available to be purchased separately|
|Manufacturer Claimed Weight||13.86kg / 30.56lb (small)|