Scott Speedster 10 Road Bike 2018
The Speedster 10 Road Bike 2018 has been redesigned with a focus on comfort and efficiency, making it a great option for riders wishing to spend long days in the saddle. The geometry has been tweaked, placing the rider in a more natural position, providing additional comfort and great visibility. This is critical to safety, particularly for those commuting, where a clear view of the traffic ahead is extremely beneficial and desireable.
Efficiency is another key factor in the Speedsters design, aiming to ensure you travel as much distance as possible during those tough, long rides. The 6061 alloy frame and carbon fork aid this, providing high levels of stiffness at a sensible weight. The tapered carbon fork also increases comfort as well as performance, damping vibrations from the road before they are transferred onto the rider.
Each component has been chosen with the bikes purpose in mind, the 28mm Schwalbe Lugano tyres offer low rolling resistance and phenomenal levels of grip, ideal for cornering confidently at speed, whilst their width provides some extra cushioning. Additionally, the Syncros components perform faultlessly, whilst being very aesthetically pleasing, colour-coded to the bike's frame they provide a sleek, seamless overall finish.
At the Speedsters core sits the reliable Shimano 105 groupset. Providing the slick, responsive performance expected from a Shimano 11-speed offering, the ride quality is further enhanced. Combining the 50x34T chainset with an 11-32T cassette provides a versatile gear range, equally as comfortable at maximum velocity on a flat open road as it is spinning up a grueling alpine ascent.
- Endurance geometry for all day comfort
- Shimano 105 11-speed groupset provides reliable, sharp shifting
- Sycnros components are colour-coded to the frame for a seamless finish
- Double Butted 6061 alloy is lightweight and durable
- Full carbon tapered fork provides stiff, responsive handling
- 28mm wide Schwalbe Lugano tyres offer confidence inspiring grip
- FRAME: Scott Speedster / 6061 D.Butted alloy Endurance geometry / integrated headtube, int. cable routing
- FORK: Scott Speedster Carbon 1 1/8"-1 1/4" carbon steerer
- STEM: Syncros RR2.0 1 1/8" / four bolt 31.8mm
- HANDLEBAR: Syncros RR2.0 Comfort 31.8mm
- HEADSET: Integrated steel cup
- FRONT BRAKE: Tektro SCBR-525
- REAR BRAKE: Tektro SCBR-525
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano 105 black FD-5801
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano 105 black RD-5800-GS 11-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano 105 black ST-5800 Dual Control 11-speed
- CASSETTE: Shimano CS-5800 11-speed 11-32T
- CHAIN: KMC X11
- CRANKSET: Shimano FC-RS510 black Hyperdrive 50x34T
- PEDALS: N/A
- FRONT WHEEL: Syncros Race 22 - Formula Team hub 24h
- REAR WHEEL: Syncros Race 22 - Formula Team hub 28h
- FRONT TYRE: Schwalbe Lugano 700x28C
- REAR TYRE: Schwalbe Lugano 700x28C
- SADDLE: Syncros FL2.5
- SEATPOST: Syncros RR2.5 27.2/350mm
- WEIGHT: 8.85kg (approximately)
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), rotate and tighten the handlebars following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
PRODUCT REF: 774691
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more