Scott Speedster 50 Road Bike 2018
The Speedster 50 Road Bike 2018 is a robust, versatile bike, packed with features, making it an ideal choice for those looking to get into road cycling aboard a well priced, high-quality bike.
The 7-speed Shimano groupset provides the crisp, responsive shifting expected from a Shimano offering, while the Tektro Comp SCBR-313 brakes ensure controlled, stable braking, ideal for building confidence on the road. The 50x34T chainset and 11-28T cassette combination provide ample gearing to conquer fast, flat sections of road and steep, tough climbs equally successfully.
The Endurance geometry is designed around comfort, with a reasonably tall headtube, the rider is placed in a natural riding position, with full visibility of the road ahead. This is critical to safety, as the rider is able to see any potential dangers up-ahead long before they become a problem, the upright position also allows you to ride all day without any discomfort. The Schwalbe Lugano tyres increase comfort further, with their 28mm wide profile adding additional cushioning and providing high levels of grip when cornering.
Syncros components make up the remainder of the bike's specification. These products have been designed alongside the Scott range to provide high levels of performance and great aesthetics, colour-coded to match the frame's paint, the overall finish is seamless. All in all, the Speedster 50 provides a great value for money solution for new cyclists looking to get into the sport and experienced cyclists searching for a tough, reliable winter bike.
- Colour-coded Syncros components
- Shimano 7-speed groupset
- Endurance geometry for comfort
- Schwalbe 28mm tyres for increased comfort and grip
- FRAME: Scott Speedster / Butted 6061 alloy Endurance geometry / integrated headtube
- FORK: Scott Speedster Alloy 1 1/8" alloy steerer
- STEM: JD ST123A Alloy 1 1/8" / four bolt 31.8mm
- HANDLEBAR: Syncros RR2.0 Comfort 31.8mm
- HEADSET: Integrated steel cup
- FRONT BRAKE: Tektro Comp SCBR-313 39-51mm
- REAR BRAKE: Tektro Comp SCBR-313 39-51mm
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano FD-A070
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano RD-A070 7-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano ST-A070 Dual Control 7-speed
- CASSETTE: Shimano CS-HG41 7-speed 11-28T
- CHAIN: KMC Z-50
- CRANKSET: Shimano Claris FC-RS200 50x34T
- PEDALS: N/A
- FRONT WHEEL: Syncros Race 22 Formula Comp hub 24h
- REAR WHEEL: Syncros Race 22 Formula Comp hub 28h
- FRONT TYRE: Schwalbe Lugano Clincher 700x28C
- REAR TYRE: Schwalbe Lugano Clincher 700x28C
- SADDLE: Syncros FL2.5
- SEATPOST: Syncros RR2.5 27.2/350mm
- WEIGHT: 10.20kg (approximately)
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), rotate and tighten the handlebars following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
PRODUCT REF: 774972
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more