Shimano ST-R7170 105 Double Hydraulic Di2 STI Right Lever
Shimano’s legendary electronic shifting is now available in their third-tier groupset, with the ST-R7170 105 12-Speed Hydraulic Di2 STI Right Lever operating the all-important rear derailleur.
The levers themselves are large, easy to locate and work in exactly the same fashion as the mechanical version but with a lot less effort and greater precision. It is possible to set the drivetrain to synchro shift whereby a single shift can actuate both derailleurs in order to access the very next ratio for better cadence, or semi-synchronised shifting that will correct the rear sprocket in order to maintain cadence when the chainrings are changed.
The lever also operates the hydraulic braking and includes automatic pad adjustment that compensates for pad wear as well as plenty of reach adjustment to accommodate smaller and larger hands. Connection to the wiring loom and derailleurs is wireless, meaning that the shifter is easy to fit, with no wires or cable to thread through the handlebar and stem.
- Great value 105 Wireless hydraulic disc brake Di2 STIs give control, modulation and power with minimal effort in all riding conditions
- Right lever operates the rearDi2 derailleur
- Wireless connectivity to the front and rear derailleurs for effortless trouble-free gear shifts
- With Di2 technology shifting is easy and precise - just a light touch, as soft as a mouse click, is sufficient for the front or rear derailleur to instantaneously select the correct gear
- Full and semi synchronised shifting programmable
- Synchro shift compatible meaning a single shifter can control both front and rear shifting which can be fully custom tuned to riding preferences
- Semi synchronised shifting means when a front shift is made the rear mech will automatically correct to the appropriate ratio
- Simply pressing tactile buttons allows effortless and comfortable shifting even when your hands are cold
- Drop bar STI with shift buttons located in a near identical place to the positions to a mechanical Shimano STI
- Hydraulic brake lever provides excellent stopping power
- Hydraulic reservoir tank provides pad to rotor clearance auto-adjust maintaining braking performance during pad wear
- Finely tuneable reach adjusters for the levers enable custom fitment for all hands
- Levers use CR1632 batteries which last for approximately 1.5-2 years