Shimano Sora FC-R3000 9-Speed Compact Chainset
Featuring trickle-down technology from Shimano’s top-tier offerings, the Shimano Sora FC-R3000 9-Speed Compact Chainset donates high-performance levels to serious road riders at an incredibly attractive price point.
The aluminium crank arms are lightweight but stiff and give exceptional power transfer for hard sprints and demanding climbs. The drive side crank arm is linked via a clean two-piece design to its oversized, 24mm diameter axle with this configuration gifting heightened rigidity and strength. Using a bigger axle allows the use of wider spaced, larger Hollowtech II bottom bracket bearings (available separately) that possess extra durability and lower rotational friction.
The aluminium outer and steel inner chainrings have specifically shaped teeth profiles to improve shifting and drivetrain efficiency, especially when used in conjunction with a Shimano 9-speed Hyperglide chain. The chainrings have a compact, 50/34 format that gives a gear range ideal for any topography, including the stiffest climbs.
- Drive side crank arm and axle assembly
- Chainrings (already installed onto the driveside crank arm)
- Non-driveside crank arm
- Bearing preload cap
- An excellent value compact chainset that is light and robust for performance across all road routes
- Aluminium crank arms are stiff and durable and donate efficient power transfer
- The two piece design links the drive side crank arm to the oversized, 24mm diameter axle to heighten rigidity
- The oversized axle allows the use of a wider bottom bracket with larger bearings for increased durability
- Aluminium outer chainring with hard-wearing steel inner chainring
- SG-X chainrings feature strategically placed chain pick-up pins and tooth profiles to ensure fast and positive shifting
- Compact 50/34 chainring configuration is perfect for all topography, including big climbs
- The design provides easier installation, adjustment and maintenance
- Compatible with 9-speed drivetrains, Hyperglide (HG) chains and threaded or press fit Shimano Hollowtech II bottom brackets