Silca Latex Inner Tube 700x24-30mm with 40mm Extender and Speed Shield
Silca partnered with industry experts Vittoria to create this premium Latex Inner Tube. Sized for modern clincher tyre setups of 700 x 22-30mm (or 22-28mm on a wide rim), the 42mm valve can be extended by 40mm using the included valve extender.
Boasting a superior supple road feel and low rolling resistance, the inner tube also has impressive watt-saving characteristics. Silca claims the savings can be as high as 2-5 Watts per tyre compared with traditional butyl tubes when riding at 30mph.
The included SpeedShield protects the rim from valve nut damage while eliminating valve stem rattle and further improving aerodynamics. The natural stretchiness of the material also makes this latex inner tube harder to pinch-flat than butyl.
Please note, Silca strongly recommends using two wraps of tubeless rim tape when using latex inner tubes. Tubeless tapes make installing tyres easier, making the tubeless likely to move around and less likely to pinch the tube during installation.
- Optimised for tyres measuring: 24-30mm (or tyres marked 22-28mm on wide rims)
- Premium latex
- 42mm valve stem, with additional 40mm extender
- Removable Presta valve core
- Inner tube weight: 85 grams
- Includes valve extender for use on carbon rims
- SpeedShield rim protector eliminates valve stem rattle, protects the rim from valve nut damage and improves aerodynamics by up to 0.5 Watts at 30mph
- Spherical nut eliminates bending forces on valve stem for improved strength