Specialized 686 X Tech Insulator Jacket
Whether you're mountain biking or exploring in the backcountry by foot this winter, you'll benefit from the fruits of Replacement pad set for Specialized Align Sierra Flash and Max helmets.'s collaboration with 686 in the form of the superb Specialized 686 X Tech Insulator Jacket.
Starting on the outside you'll find that the Tech Insulator is constructed from a woven fabric that's been given a DWR coating, making it water-resistant. Moving beyond this layer of the jacket, Specialized incorporated 100g Primaloft® insulation to keep you consistently warm both under effort and when relaxed.
Primaloft® was chosen for its ultralight weight, breathability, pack-ability, and high warmth-to-weight ratio. Essentially, this all adds up to a dependable insulation layer that will never leave you feeling clammy or cold.
Further to this, the jacket includes an adjustable hood for when conditions get particularly cold, as well as Lycra® wrist gaiters that interface perfectly with gloves to fully seal you off from adverse weather. It also features a foldout spray skirt and 3M® reflective trims that will increase your visibility to other riders and motorists in low-light conditions while also preventing your behind from becoming wet from wheel spray.
In terms of fit and feel, underarm stretch panels have been incorporated in order to promote a complete, uninhibited range of motion while riding or hiking the bike. It's also been given a relaxed fit, which means that it will fit loosely on the body to leave plenty of room for additional layers.
Storage of your ride essentials will be handled by internal mesh storage pockets. Available in two colour schemes, the Specialized 686 X Tech Insulator Jacket is quite possibly the best winter jacket that the American firm have ever produced.
- Woven fabric with DWR treatment repels water, leaving you dry and comfortable without having to sacrifice breathability
- 100g Primaloft® insulation is ultra-lightweight, highly breathable, and quite efficient at trapping air to keep you warm and insulated from the elements
- Adjustable hood and hem provide added warmth and weather protection for your head, as well as minimising the possibility of wind entering the Insulator
- Underarm stretch panels provide flexibility in the construction, allowing a full range of movement when you're all zipped-up
- Lycra® wrist gaiters interface perfectly with gloves, which prevents any drafts or cold air from seeping in at the sleeve openings
- Internal mesh storage pocket safely and securely houses your ride essentials or nutrition
- 3M® reflective trims increase your visibility to other trail users or motorists in low-light conditions
- One chest zip pocket and two front zip pockets house your large and small ride essentials
- Fold-out spray skirt allows you to block unwanted moisture at the hands of wheel-spray when you need to, and hides it away when you don't
- Rear SWAT™ pocket access permits you to access your jersey or bib pockets easily with gloves on
- Relaxed Fit is comfortable and loose against the body, allowing for ample layering underneath
PRODUCT REF: 476844
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more