Specialized AWOL Comp Disc Adventure Road Bike 2018
Constructed from Premium Cr-Mo tubing, the Specialized AWOL Comp Disc Adventure Road Bike 2018 is the ultimate touring bike.
The frame offers plenty of stiffness, whilst still maintaining all-day compliance and comfort for long days in the saddle. The fork also follows suit, with a butted Cr-Mo construction that soaks up vibrations and trail chatter, but also features all the rack and mudguard mounts needed to strap your equipment and head out for the weekend.
Specialized’s geometry is also vastly different in comparison to their endurance race bikes, and the AWOL features a much more relaxed geometry that aims itself towards comfort, efficiency and stability over long distances.
Equipped with SRAM Rival 1 componentry, the AWOL Comp Disc has a wide range of gearing and is complimented by the one-by chainring at the front. This chainring stops any mechanicals on the front by stopping chain slip, but the rear cassette is where the wide range steps into its own. A 10-42t cassette allows you to take on steep, technical terrain without ever breaking a sweat. Switch into the climbers gear and sit back and spin up climbs with your fully-loaded AWOL - no one will judge.
SRAM Rival 1 hydraulic disc brakes enhance the AWOL’s reliability on descents, too. The hydraulic discs produce high-performance braking that’ll leave you safe in the knowledge you’re stopping at the bottom.
Finished with Specialized Ground Control tyres, this bike means business. No matter where you’re heading, the tyres increase grip and puncture resistance in every condition.
- The custom butted Cr-Mo steel frame provides plenty of stiffness, while still maintaining all-day compliance and comfort. Along with the integrated mudguard and rack mounts on both the frame and Cr-Mo fork, the AWOL provides the perfect blend of versatility and performance
- Butted Cr-Mo fork features both rack and mudguard mounts, combining rugged durability, confident steering, and a huge amount of versatility
- The alloy, double-wall disc wheels can stand up to mile after mile of adventure, while the Specialized Ground Control tyres provide plenty of traction on varying terrain and come 2Bliss ready
Image shown for representation of colourway only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: Specialized Heat-treated custom-butted Premium Cr-Mo tubing, internal light cable routing-ready, Adventure Geometry, post disc mount, mudguard/rack mounts, kickstand plate
- FORK: Specialized butted premium Cr-Mo, unicrown, heat-treated
- STEM: Specialized, 3D forged alloy, 4-bolt, 7-degree rise
- HANDLEBARS: Specialized Adventure Gear AWOL, alloy, 125mm drop, 70mm short-reach, 12-degree flare-out
- FRONT BRAKE: SRAM Rival 1, hydraulic disc, 160mm rotor
- REAR BRAKE: SRAM Rival 1, hydraulic disc, 160mm rotor
- BRAKE LEVERS: SRAM Rival 1 DoubleTap, hydraulic disc, 11-speed
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: N/A
- REAR DERAILLEUR: SRAM Rival 1, 11-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS: SRAM Rival 1 DoubleTap, hydraulic disc, 11-speed
- CASSETTE: SRAM XG-1150, 11-speed, 10-42t
- CRANKSET: FSA Gossamer Pro Megatooth, alloy, MegaEvo BB, 110mm BCD spider
- FRONT WHEEL: Specialized 29" disc front, 6061-T6 aluminium, 32h
- REAR WHEEL: Specialized 29" disc, 6061-T6 aluminium, 32h
- FRONT TYRE: Specialized Ground Control, 29x1.9", 60TPI, clincher, 2Bliss Ready, folding bead
- REAR TYRE: Specialized Ground Control, 29x1.9", 60TPI, clincher, 2Bliss Ready, folding bead
- SADDLE: Specialized Body Geometry Phenom Comp, hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST: Specialized alloy, 27.2mm
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), rotate and tighten the handlebars following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
PRODUCT REF: 661541
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more