Specialized Chisel Comp Mountain Bike 2018
If you’re looking to step into the world of cross-country racing, the Specialized Chisel Comp Mountain Bike 2018 is the place to start. Providing an impressive array of components that doesn’t break the bank, this mountain bike will keep you riding more efficiently and comfortably than ever, all whilst the XC Geometry puts you in the most aggressive position possible to negotiate the course.
Constructed using Specialized’s D’Aluisio Smartweld M5 Alloy, the overall weight of the bike is impressively low but it’s also incredibly durable, meaning you can head out day after day and keep riding in the knowledge your bikes integrity will never falter. Because of this low weight, you can throw it around the trails easier than ever, and when you point it in the direction you want it to go, it will.
RockShox’s Judy 29 front fork provides 100mm of plush, impact absorbing travel to keep you more comfortable. The 51mm offset alongside the XC Geometry work together to keep your in the most efficient and stable position when pointing down steep gradients, too.
Shimano XT, 10-speed gearing gives the push you need to negotiate the trails and makes spinning up the long, engulfing climbs easier than ever. The 11-36t cassette furthers speed on rougher terrain, too.
Of course, with all this speed comes the need for reliable stopping power, and the Shimano MT500 Deore hydraulic disc brakes provide just that. Impressively modulating heat, these disc brakes keep the same performance throughout every stage of your ride, no matter the conditions.
- Given its lightweight and ultra-stiff characteristics, M5 aluminium was the natural choice for the frame's construction. And when complemented with Specialized’s speed-focused XC 29 Geometry, D'Aluisio Smartweld technology, and internal cable routing, you get a bike that compromises nothing in delivering explosive speed, confident handling, and hassle-free maintenance
- Rocks and bumps are soaked up via the RockShox Judy fork with 90/100 millimetres of travel (size-specific). It features proprietary technology from RockShox, like its Solo Air™ spring, that maintains an ideal equilibrium, as well as being one of the lightest air springs on the market
- The Shimano Deore XT rear derailleur is one of the most sought after components in mountain biking. It's remarkably reliable, precise and crisp in its shifting, and is nothing if not durable
Image shown for representation of colourway only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: Specialized D'Aluisio Smartweld M5 Alloy, XC Geometry, internal cable routing, BSA BB, 12x148mm rear end, triangulated post-mount 160mm brake
- FORK: RockShox Judy 29, Solo Air, 51mm offset, 15x110mm thru-axle (S: 90mm, M-XL: 100mm of travel)
- STEM: Specialized Alloy, 3D forged, 4-bolt, 6-degree
- HANDLEBARS: Specialized Mini-rise, 6000 alloy, 8-degree backsweep, 6-degree upsweep, 10mm rise, 720mm width, 31.8mm clamp
- FRONT BRAKE: Shimano MT500 Deore, hydraulic disc, 180/160mm rotor
- REAR BRAKE: Shimano MT500 Deore, hydraulic disc, 160mm rotor
- BRAKE LEVERS: Shimano Deore, i-spec clamp, 11-speed
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano Deore down swing, 2x10
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano XT, Shadow Plus, GS cage, 10-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano Deore, i-spec clamp, 11-speed
- CASSETTE: Shimano Deore, 10-speed, 11-36t
- CRANKSET: Stout XC Alloy Boost
- FRONT WHEEL: Specialized Alloy 29, 25mm internal width, clincher
- REAR WHEEL: Specialized Alloy 29, 25mm internal width, clincher
- FRONT TYRE: Specialized Fast Trak, GRIPTON compound, 29x2.3", 60 TPI, Aramid folding bead, 2Bliss Ready
- REAR TYRE: Specialized Fast Trak, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.3"
- SADDLE: Specialized Body Geometry Phenom Comp, Adaptive Edge design, Hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST: Specialized, alloy, 2-bolt, 27.2mm
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), rotate and tighten the handlebars following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
PRODUCT REF: 749782
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more