Specialized Chisel Expert 29" Mountain Bike 2019
Fast, lightweight and durable, Specialized’s Chisel Expert Mountain Bike is a 29” cross-country machine, capable of tackling trails far more challenging than its short travel would indicate.
Constructed from a Smartweld M5 alloy, the Chisel’s performance makes you question if carbon fibre is even necessary. The ride characteristics are perfect for those looking to go out and get the miles in, whilst still enjoying the freedom to hit small drops and root-infested sections with confidence.
The RockShox Reba RL Fork utilises 15x110mm boost spacing for optimum stiffness, while the solo air setup offers smooth performance with fantastic small bump sensitivity. Built around a threaded bottom bracket, the Chisel eliminates the unwanted creaking associated with press-fit options, while a 750mm wide handlebar balances comfort and control perfectly.
A 12-speed SRAM offering is the drivetrain of choice, offering a phenomenally wide gear range; the NX setup features a 1X system with an 11-50T cassette, ideal for those chasing optimum climbing efficiency.
Finished off with 29”, 25mm wide Specialized Stout Wheels and Fast Trak Tyres, the Chisel promotes a fast-paced ride, perfect for the demands of marathon riding, cross-country racing, and general trail exploration alike.
- M5 Alloy frame construction
- RockShox Reba RL Fork
- Specialized Stout 29" Wheels
- Specialized Fast Track 2.3" wide tyres
- SRAM Level TL hydraulic disc brakes
- SRAM NX 12-speed drivetrain
Please note: Image shown for representation of colourway only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: Specialized D'Aluisio Smartweld M5 Alloy, XC Geometry, internal cable routing, BSA BB, 12x148mm spacing, triangulated post-mount 160mm brake
- FORK: RockShox Reba RL 29, Solo Air, 51mm offset, 15x110mm thru-axle (S: 90mm, M-XL: 100mm of travel)
- BOTTOM BRACKET: SRAM DUB, threaded BB
- STEM: Specialized XC, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise
- HANDLEBAR: Specialized Alloy Minirise, 10mm rise, 750mm, 31.8mm clamp
- FRONT BRAKE: SRAM Level TL, hydraulic disc
- REAR BRAKE: SRAM Level TL, hydraulic disc
- BRAKE LEVERS: SRAM Level TL, hydraulic disc
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: N/A
- REAR DERAILLEUR: SRAM NX Eagle, 12-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS: Sram NX Eagle, trigger, 12-speed
- CHAIN: SRAM NX Eagle, 12-speed
- CASSETTE: SRAM NX Eagle, 12-speed, 11-50t
- CRANKSET: Truvativ STYLO, DUB
- FRONT WHEEL: Specialized Stout XC 29, 25mm internal width, disc-specific
- REAR WHEEL: Specialized Stout XC 29, 25mm internal width, disc-specific
- FRONT TYRE: Specialized Fast Trak, GRIPTON® compound, 60 TPI, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.3"
- REAR TYRE: Specialized Fast Trak, GRIPTON® compound, 60 TPI, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.3"
- SADDLE: Specialized Body Geometry Phenom Comp, Adaptive Edge design, hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST: Specialized, alloy, single-bolt, 27.2mm
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), rotate and tighten the handlebars following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
PRODUCT REF: 905258
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more