Specialized Crux Elite X1 Disc Cyclocross Bike 2018
Satisfying the needs of the most demanding cyclocross riders, Specialized's Crux Elite X1 Disc Cyclocross Bike is both light and fast, and has been designed to inspire confidence and enhance speed and performance over the roughest terrains.
The frame and fork are constructed from Specialized’s top of the line FACT 11r carbon fibre, which keeps the frame weight down, improves your comfort and, ultimately, results in improved performances. Specialized’s Rider-First Engineered geometry ensures every frame size benefits from the same flawless performance in terms of rigidity, weight and responsiveness.
With a top tube designed for easy shouldering, you'll be able to keep your speed to a maxiumum, even when you need to jump off to clear obstacles or run up the steepest hills. The low bottom bracket and sharp front end offer added stability in technical corners.
Specialized have instilled their confidence into SRAM’s Rival 1 groupset, which offers supremely reliable and powerful braking from hydraulic discs, and smooth shifting for all-round performance out on the course. The 11-speed, one-by setup compliments cyclocross perfectly by reducing the risk of you dropping your chain, whilst the wide-ranging cassette ensures you get up those steep embankments with ease.
The Roval SLX 24 Disc wheelset comes in at an impressive sub-1600 grams and is incredibly rigid and durable, perfect for rougher terrain. Fitted with Terra Pro 2Bliss ready tyres, you can take advantage of a tubeless setup for increased traction and puncture resistance. The frame allows for 8mm of clearance when running 33mm tyres, so your bike can cope with even the muddiest conditions.
- Specialized FACT 11r carbon frame features a race-ready 'cross geometry, and comes equipped with thru-axles, 142mm rear spacing, and takes advantage of their highest quality carbon production methods in order to create a bike that's as responsive as it is lightweight
- The internally routed S-Works FACT carbon disc fork features a thru-axle design that increases steering response and rider input for the tight turns and the all-out efforts 'cross demands
- The Roval SLX 24 Disc wheelset features a sub-1600-gram weight, a 20-millimeter internal width, and an alloy construction that makes it a solid performer for any 'cross event
Image shown for representation of colourway only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: Specialized FACT 11r carbon, Rider-First Engineered™, 1-3/8" lower bearing, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat mount disc, OSBB
- FORK: Specialized S-Works FACT 11r carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle
- STEM: Specialized, 3D forged alloy, 4-bolt, 7-degree rise
- HANDLEBARS: Specialized Shallow Drop, 6061, 70x125mm, 31.8mm clamp
- FRONT BRAKE: SRAM Rival 1, hydraulic disc
- REAR BRAKE: SRAM Rival 1, hydraulic disc
- BRAKE LEVERS: SRAM Rival 1, 11-speed
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: N/A
- REAR DERAILLEUR: SRAM Rival 1, mid cage
- SHIFT LEVERS: SRAM Rival 1, 11-speed
- CASSETTE: SRAM PG-1130, 11-32t
- CHAIN: SRAM PC-1170, 11-speed
- CRANKSET: SRAM Rival 1
- BOTTOM BRACKET: SRAM BB30, 68mm, no spacer
- PEDALS: N/A
- FRONT WHEEL: Roval SLX 24 Disc, sealed cartridge hubs, DT Swiss Competition spokes, 24h
- REAR WHEEL: Roval SLX 24 Disc, DT Swiss 350 hubs, DT Swiss Competition spokes, 24h
- FRONT TYRE: Terra Pro, 2Bliss Ready, 700x33mm
- REAR TYRE: Terra Pro, 2Bliss Ready, 700x33mm
- SADDLE: Specialized Body Geometry Phenom Comp, Adaptive Edge design, Hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST: Specialized Alloy, 2-bolt clamp
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), rotate and tighten the handlebars following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
PRODUCT REF: 742311
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more