Why buy your bike from Sigma Sports?
Don't hesitate to reach out to us. It's our goal to answer all of your questions and offer the best advice from our experts. We’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have. Contact us now or visit us in-store.
All our bikes are fully built by our Cytech qualified mechanics. To find out more, see the Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested section below to see how we'll deliver your bike.
We offer FREE DELIVERY of your bike to your home or place of work. Once you've placed your order, our Customer Care team will be in contact to offer a convenient delivery date of your choice.
Cyclescheme can save you up to 39% on a bike and accessories. Visit our Cycle to Work Scheme page to learn more and claim.
Wide tyre clearance of up to 47mm on a 700cc wheel, or 2.1" on a 650b for enhanced grip on technical terrain.
Inspired by the Epic, a slack headtube and long reach boosts confidence on every descent.
Building on the success of the original, the Future Shock 1.5 sees a redesigned progressive action.
With multiple mounting options for racks and accessories, you can always pack what you need.
Specialized Diverge Base Disc Gravel Bike 2021
The entry-level model in the Specialized Diverge carbon range, the Diverge Base Disc Gravel Bike is engineered from stiff, strong FACT 8r carbon. It features the same progressive geometry as the top-end models, one that is slacker and longer, with a bottom bracket that's high enough to accommodate 650b wheels but low enough for stability over the rougher stuff. It offers a responsive ride feel, with a Future Shock 1.5 damper taking out the worst of the impacts from bumpy roads and trails and saving your hands, arms and neck from associated discomfort and fatigue.
SRAM Apex components complement the bike perfectly, bringing efficiency and performance to your shifting and braking. The combination of a 40t chainring and 11-42-tooth cassette ensures enough gears for tackling climbs and building up speed on fast descents alike. Specialized's Axis Elite Disc wheels and Specialized Pathfinder Sport tyres are a reliable choice, just what you need for all-terrain riding. If longer adventures and multi-day bike-packing trips are your things, you can mount luggage with ease.
- With a FACT 8r carbon frame, the Diverge Base is incredibly capable and race-bike light. Pin it for your local dirt climb KOM, or grind up a giant backcountry peak, the light and lively Diverge will get you there faster.
- Speed, control and confidence - Future Shock 1.5 is the ideal technology for the gravel rider. With 20mm of axial compliance, Future Shock 1.5 is progressively tuned to keep you confident and in control, able to keep the power down and stay off the brakes over rough dirt roads and in thick loose gravel, all while keeping your hands, arms and neck fresh
- The new Diverge has the most progressive geometry Specialized has ever created for a drop-bar bike, giving riders a capable and stable bike in the dirt, that still feels responsive and nimble on the road. It includes increased reach, a slacker head tube and a longer offset fork. All this creates incredible confidence with a planted feeling in the dirt, while speccing shorter stems keep the overall cockpit length the same and the steering lively. The bike’s low bottom bracket increases stability but is high enough to use with 650b wheels if preferred
- The Diverge has plenty of rack mounts, including fork and top tube mounts, to ensure you can take what you need, no matter how far you plan to go, or how long you plan to stay out
- A whopping 47mm of tyre clearance with a 700c wheel and 2.1” with a 650b wheel. Thanks to a drive-side chainstay utilising a solid beam of carbon behind the chainrings clearance are created without using a fragile dropped chainstay design or increasing chainstay length
Read more about the 2021 range of Specialized Diverge gravel bikes.
|Frame||Specialized Diverge FACT 8r carbon, Future Shock 1.5 suspension, threaded BB, internal routing, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc|
|Fork||Specialized Future Shock 1.5 with Smooth Boot, FACT carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle, flat-mount|
|Bottom Bracket||SRAM GXP|
|Stem||Specialized Future Stem Comp with integrated computer mount|
|Handlebar||Specialized Adventure Gear Hover, 103mm drop x 70mm reach x 12-degree flare|
|Bar Tape||Specialized Roubaix S-Wrap|
|Front Brake||SRAM Apex, hydraulic disc|
|Rear Brake||SRAM Apex, hydraulic disc|
|Brake Levers||SRAM Apex 1x HRD|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM Apex 1, long cage, 11-speed|
|Shift Levers||SRAM Apex 1x HRD|
|Cassette||SunRace, 11-speed, alloy spider, 11-42t|
|Crankset||SRAM Apex 1x GXP, 40t|
|Chain||KMC X11 Extra Lightweight, 11-speed|
|Front Wheel||Specialized Axis Elite Disc, 21mm internal width, alloy rim, 23mm depth, 14g spokes, 24h|
|Rear Wheel||Specialized Axis Elite Disc, 21mm internal width, alloy rim, 23mm depth, 14g spokes, 28h|
|Front Tyre||Specialized Pathfinder Sport, transparent sidewall, 700x38mm, clincher|
|Rear Tyre||Specialized Pathfinder Sport, transparent sidewall, 700x38mm, clincher|
|Saddle||Specialized Power, hollow steel rails|
|Seatpost||Specialized, carbon, single-bolt, 27.2mm|
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if specified), attach the handlebars to the stem and tighten them following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools. Visit our Bike Assembly page to see how you assemble your new bike once you receive it.
All bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
Please note, occasionally, manufacturers may change the specification without notice. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified. We do not install accessories to bikes, including mudguards.