Why buy your bike from Sigma Sports?
Don't hesitate to reach out to us. It's our goal to answer all of your questions and offer the best advice from our experts. We’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have. Contact us now or visit us in-store.
All our bikes are fully built by our Cytech qualified mechanics. To find out more, see the Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested section below to see how we'll deliver your bike.
We offer FREE DELIVERY of your bike to your home or place of work. Once you've placed your order, our Customer Care team will be in contact to offer a convenient delivery date of your choice.
Cyclescheme can save you up to 39% on a bike and accessories. Visit our Cycle to Work Scheme page to learn more and claim.
Wide tyre clearance of up to 47mm on a 700cc wheel, or 2.1" on a 650b for enhanced grip on technical terrain.
Inspired by the Epic, a slack headtube and long reach boosts confidence on every descent.
Stiff, light and highly durable, E5 aluminium delivers an optimal balance of strength to weight.
With multiple mounting options for racks and accessories, you can always pack what you need.
Specialized Diverge Base E5 Disc Gravel Bike 2021
Specialized's Diverge Base E5 Disc Gravel Bike offers a great-value performance package. It benefits from the same progressive geometry as the top models and pairs an E5 aluminium frame with a full carbon FACT fork, keeping the weight low and ensuring a lively, responsive ride that's stable over the rougher stuff and fast on the tarmac.
Ideal for those looking to venture onto mixed terrain, go on bigger and longer adventure rides or simply wanting a versatile steed that can be used for almost anything, anywhere, this Diverge is built up with Shimano components and Tektro Mira mechanical disc brakes. The 8-speed double chainring drivetrain ensures you've got enough gears to get you up steeper climbs, and it rolls on strong Specialized Axis Elite Disc wheels and RoadSport 35mm tyres so it's ready to tackle anything you point it at. Carrying capacity is excellent thanks to rack mounts on the fork and top tube.
Read more about the 2021 range of Specialized Diverge Gravel Bikes.
- Premium E5 Aluminium frame provides a stiff, light, and durable platform. When married to the full carbon FACT fork, the Diverge Base E5 becomes a light, lively and versatile bike ready to attack any surface
- The new Diverge has the most progressive geometry Specialized has ever created for a drop-bar bike, giving riders a capable and stable bike in the dirt, that still feels responsive and nimble on the road. It includes increased reach, a slacker head tube and a longer offset fork. All this creates incredible confidence with a planted feeling in the dirt, while speccing shorter stems keep the overall cockpit length the same and the steering lively. The bike’s low bottom bracket increases stability but is high enough to use with 650b wheels if preferred
- The Diverge has plenty of rack mounts, including fork and top tube mounts, to ensure you can take what you need, no matter how far you plan to go, or how long you plan to stay out
- A whopping 47mm of tyre clearance with a 700c wheel and 2.1” with a 650b wheel. Thanks to a drive-side chainstay utilising a solid beam of carbon behind the chainrings clearance are created without using a fragile dropped chainstay design or increasing chainstay length
- Shimano Claris 8-speed components are slick and smooth, bringing reliable shifting and powerful mechanical braking
- Specialized Axis Elite Disc wheelset fitted with fast-rolling Specialized RoadSport 35mm tyres
|Frame||Specialized Diverge E5 Premium Aluminium, threaded BB, internal routing, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc|
|Fork||Specialized FACT carbon, full carbon steerer, 12x100 mm thru-axle, flat-mount|
|Bottom Bracket||Shimano 68mm threaded|
|Stem||Specialized, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 7-degree rise|
|Handlebar||Specialized Shallow Drop, 6061, 70x125mm, 31.8mm clamp|
|Bar Tape||Specialized S-Wrap|
|Front Brake||Tektro Mira, flat-mount, mechanical disc|
|Rear Brake||Tektro Mira, flat-mount, mechanical disc|
|Brake Levers||Shimano Claris 2000|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano Claris, 8-speed, braze-on|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Claris, 8-speed|
|Shift Levers||Shimano Claris 2000, 8-speed|
|Cassette||SunRace, 8-speed, 11-34t|
|Crankset||Shimano Claris R200|
|Chain||KMC X8, 8-speed with Missing Link™|
|Front Wheel||Specialized Axis Elite Disc, 21mm internal width, alloy rim, 23mm depth, 14g spokes, 24h|
|Rear Wheel||Specialized Axis Elite Disc, 21mm internal width, alloy rim, 23mm depth, 14g spokes, 28h|
|Front Tyre||Specialized RoadSport, Flak Jacket protection, 700x35mm clincher|
|Rear Tyre||Specialized RoadSport, Flak Jacket protection, 700x35mm clincher|
|Saddle||Specialized Body Geometry Bridge Saddle, steel rails|
|Seatpost||Specialized Alloy, 2-bolt Clamp, 12mm offset, 27.2mm, anti-corrosion hardware|
|Pedals||Available to be purchased separately|
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if specified), attach the handlebars to the stem and tighten them following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools. Visit our Bike Assembly page to see how you assemble your new bike once you receive it.
All bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
Please note, occasionally, manufacturers may change the specification without notice. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified. We do not install accessories to bikes, including mudguards.
Specialized Diverge Base E5 Disc Gravel Bike 2021 Sizing
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.