Specialized Rockhopper Comp 29 Mountain Bike 2019
Specialized’s Rockhopper is widely regarded as one of the most iconic and versatile models to date, and the latest Comp 29 Mountain Bike is no exception.
Constructed from a premium A1 Alloy, the Rockhopper balances strength and weight perfectly, while the tried and tested Sport XC Geometry places the rider in a comfortable position with a full view of the trail ahead.
Offering 80-100mm of travel depending on the bike size, the SR Suntour XCM provides smooth and reliable coil sprung performance, while a 46mm offset ensures a stable ride on challenging terrain.
Shimano’s 9-speed Acera drivetrain is durable and crisp, while the SunRace 11-36T cassette allows you to tackle the steepest of hills with ease. Shimano BR-MT200 brakes are another welcome addition, with their hydraulic disc design providing modulated, sharp stopping power through mixed weather conditions.
Completed with Specialized’s own wheels and tyres, the Rockhopper’s performance is further enhanced. The 29 inch wheels are faster and smoother than smaller variants, rolling over uneven ground with ease. Utilising a 2.3 inch wide front tyre and a 2.1 inch rear, there is plenty of grip on loose surfaces, ensuring a confidence-inspiring ride every time.
- A1 alloy frame construction for durability
- Internal cable routing
- Shimano BR-MT200 hydraulic disc brakes
- 11-36T SunRace 9-speed cassette for a wide spread of gears
- Shimano Acera drivetrain
Image shown for representation of colourway only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: Specialized A1 alloy, Sport XC 29 Geometry, zero-stack head tube, internal cable routing, 135x9mm forged dropouts, chainstay-mounted disc brake, replaceable alloy derailleur hanger
- FORK: SR Suntour XCM 29, coil spring, custom Multi-Circuit damping, quick-release, 46mm offset, 80/90/100mm of travel (size-specific)
- STEM: Stout 3D-forged alloy, 31.8mm, 6-degree rise
- HANDLEBAR: Stout XC, double-butted alloy, 8-degree backsweep, 6-degree upsweep, 10mm rise, 31.8mm
- FRONT BRAKE: Shimano BR-MT200, hydraulic disc
- REAR BRAKE: Shimano BR-MT200, hydraulic disc
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano microSHIFT FD-M462, 2-speed
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano Acera, 9-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano Altus, RapidFire Plus, 9-speed
- CASSETTE: SunRace, 9-Speed, 11-36t
- CRANKSET: Specialized Stout, forged alloy, 2x9
- FRONT WHEEL: Specialized Alloy 29, quick release
- REAR WHEEL: Specialized Alloy 29, quick release
- FRONT TYRE: Specialized Ground Control Sport, 29x2.3"
- REAR TYRE: Specialized Fast Trak Sport, 29x2.1"
- SADDLE: Specialized Henge Sport, steel rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST: Specialized Alloy, 12mm offset, 2-bolt clamp, 30.9mm
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), rotate and tighten the handlebars following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
PRODUCT REF: 893910
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more