Specialized Roubaix Sport Disc Road Bike 2018
Low in weight, high in strength and offering a supremely comfortable ride otherwise unmatched in the cycling industry, the Specialized Roubaix Sport Disc Road Bike 2018 is the ideal choice for the versatile, determined rider who doesn’t stop when the road gets rough.
Specialized’s FACT 9r carbon fibre frame construction is the behind the impressively low weight, and the FACT carbon fork furthers this and improves front end handling for a responsive, snappy ride. When twinned with the Endurance Geometry, you get a comfort orientated, smooth ride that allows for efficient, fast accelerations, too.
Future Shock is another truly innovative aspect of the Roubaix, and it truly sets itself apart from the rest of what the cycling industry has on offer. Providing 20mm of vibration damping suspension, the road ahead is smoothed out and you’ll be able to ride in greater comfort for longer distances.
Shimano’s 105 5800, 11-speed gearing gives a wide range of gearing to keep you spinning up harsh gradients, yet still gives enough to power along the flats and gain time down the descents. The 105 STI levers are shaped beautifully to your fingers, ensuring you don’t have to stretch out to get your fingertips around them.
Tektro Spyre mechanical disc brakes are another greater addition, giving you predictable, reliable braking over long distances and wet conditions. They modulate heat efficiently, and their mechanical nature means if you get a problem by the side of the road, they can be easily fixed.
Specialized’s Axis Sport Disc wheels and Turbo Pro tyres work efficiently together to stay strong and enhance puncture resistance. The wheels are known for their great strength and low weight, meaning you can accelerate away from the group with ease and the tyres respond immediately when you lay down the power.
- Featuring Specialized’s Rider-First Engineered™ design that ensures every frame size has the same legendary responsiveness and smooth ride quality that you'd expect from a Roubaix
- Alll-new Future Shock "suspension" system at the cockpit delivers a revolutionary degree of comfort and control
- A Roubaix Disc fork is built from Specialized’s FACT carbon fibre for supreme stiffness, strength, and reactivity, while a thru-axle design only stands to bolster all of the above
- FRAME: Specialized FACT 9r carbon, Endurance Geometry, Rider-First Engineered™, 12x142mm thru-axle, Future Shock suspension, 20mm of travel, flat disc mounts
- FORK: Specialized FACT carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle
- STEM: Specialized, 3D forged alloy, 4-bolt, 7-degree rise
- HANDLEBARS: Specialized Comp Hover Bar, 6061 alloy, 70x125mm w/ Di2 hole
- TAPE: Specialized S-Wrap w/ Sticky gel
- FRONT BRAKE: Tektro Spyre, flat mount, mechanical disc
- REAR BRAKE: Tektro Spyre, flat mount, mechanical disc
- BRAKE LEVERS: Shimano 105 5800
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano 105 5800 Ez, braze-on
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano 105 5800, 11-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano 105 5800
- CASSETTE: Shimano 105 5800, 11-speed, 11-32t
- CHAIN: KMC X11EL, 11-speed w/ Missing Link™
- CRANKSET: Praxis Alba 2D
- PEDALS: NA
- FRONT WHEEL: Specialized Axis Sport Disc, clincher
- REAR WHEEL: Specialized Axis Sport Disc, clincher
- FRONT TYRE: Specialized Turbo Pro, 60 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x28mm, clincher
- REAR TYRE: Specialized Turbo Pro, 60 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x28mm, clincher
- SADDLE: Specialized Body Geometry Toupé Sport, steel rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST: Specialized Comp carbon, single bolt
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), attach the handlebars to the stem and tighten them following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
Please note, occasionally, manufacturers may change the specification without notice. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
PRODUCT REF: 748267
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more