Specialized Ruby Expert Womens Road Bike 2018
Don't let the tarmac dicate your route. The Specialized Ruby Expert Womens Road Bike combines cutting edge technology with high end componentry to create a machine that performs faultlessly, across a whole range of gradients, terrains and conditions.
The FACT 10r carbon fibre construction and bolt-thru axles ensure extremely high levels of stiffness, without affecting the compliant, comfortable ride that previous iterations of the Ruby were renowned for. Steering is kept sharp and responsive thanks to the FACT carbon fork, critical for maintaining maximum control over rougher surfaces. Additionally, the Future Shock technology greatly improves comfort, essentially offering 20mm of travel via a piston integrated into the head tube.
Shifting is taken care of by Shimano's highly regarded Ultegra R8000 groupset, offering the crisp, responsive shifting all keen cyclists crave. Similarly, braking is consistently sharp and controlled, no matter the conditions, thanks to the Shimano R8020 hydraulic disc brakes. Combining the 50/34T chainset and 11-32T cassette ensures a gear range extensive enough to tackle steep alpine climbs and dominate fast, flat sprints with equal success.
The remainder of the bike's specification is made up of Specialized's premium own brand products, including their Roval SLX 24 Disc wheelset. Utilising a shallow rim design, these wheels are the ideal choice for crosswind stability, while the DT Swiss 350 hubs offer a precise design featuring ultra smooth sealed bearings for low rolling resistance all year round. The 28mm Turbo tyres also aid the bikes impeccable performance, offering high levels of grip and comfort, for enjoyable, long days in the saddle.
- FACT 10r and Future Shock technology guarantee a fast, comfortable ride across mixed terrains
- FACT monocoque tapered carbon fork ensures responsive, stiff handling
- Shimano Ultegra hydraulic brakes provide excellent performance all year round
- Shimano Ultegra 11-speed gearing keeps you spinning across all gradients and through all conditions
- Specialized CG-R FACT carbon seatpost reduces weight and flexes to dampen road feedback for long comfortable days in the saddle
- Roval SLX 24 Disc wheels utilise a low rim profile for confident descending in the most blustery of conditions, whilst the DT Swiss 350 hubs use sealed bearings for unrivalled durability in all conditions
- 28mm wide Turbo Pro tyres offer unrivalled comfort and grip, whilst BlackBelt protection reduces the likelihood of punctures
Image shown for representation of colourway only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: Specialized FACT 10r carbon, Women's Endurance Geometry, Rider-First Engineered™, 12x142mm thru-axle, Future Shock suspension, 20mm of travel, flat-disc mounts
- FORK: Specialized FACT full-carbon, flat-mount disc, 12x100mm thru-axle
- STEM: Specialized Pro SL, alloy, 4-bolt
- HANDLEBARS: Specialized Expert Hover, alloy, 75x125mm
- FRONT BRAKE: Shimano Ultegra 8020, hydraulic disc
- REAR BRAKE: Shimano Ultegra 8020, hydraulic disc
- BRAKE LEVERS: Shimano Ultegra 8020, hydraulic disc
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano Ultegra 8000, braze-on
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano Ultegra 8000, long cage, 11-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano Ultegra 8020, hydraulic disc
- CASSETTE: Shimano 11-speed Ultegra 8000, 11-32t
- CHAIN: Shimano Ultegra, 11-speed
- CRANKSET: Shimano Ultegra R8000 50/34T
- FRONT WHEEL: Roval SLX 24 Disc, DT Swiss 350 hubs, DT Swiss Competition spokes, 24h
- REAR WHEEL: Roval SLX 24 Disc, DT Swiss 350 hubs, DT Swiss Competition spokes, 24h
- FRONT TYRE: Turbo Pro, 60 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x28mm
- REAR TYRE: Turbo Pro, 60 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x28mm
- SADDLE: Ruby Expert, 155mm, hollow titanium rails, Adaptive Edge, gel padding
- SEATPOST: Specialized CG-R, FACT carbon, single-bolt, 27.2mm
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), rotate and tighten the handlebars following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
PRODUCT REF: 801439
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more