Specialized S-Works Evade 3 Helmet
In its 3rd generation, the Specialized S-Works Evade MIPS Helmet got cooler. A helmet selected by many professional riders for its drag-reducing credentials, the Evade 3 now incorporates a better airflow system without compromising aerodynamics, allowing comfortable use in, and making it the fastest choice across, a broader range of stages, rides and conditions.
Extensive Computational Fluid Dynamics and Win Tunnel testing led to the inclusion of rear diffuser technology for aero gains, which were then offset by the larger ventilation surface area to the front. The result? A helmet that's just as fast as the Evade 2, but 10% more ventilated.
MIPS Air Node is the lightest and most ventilated Mips system to date, and is integrated into the helmet padding creating a low friction layer. This technology offers advanced protection in the event of an angled impact, dispersing forces and reducing the risk of a minor or major brain injury. Dual-density EPS foam further absorbs any impact, while a polycarbonate shell wrap outer creates a striking finish and enhances durability.
Specialized's Mindset HairPort II micro-dial system allows you to achieve the perfect fit through height adjustment. More grippy and responsive than previously, this system is easier to use mid-ride. Additionally, Occipital Base Adjustment personalises the fit so the helmet works well on a wider range of head shapes. The magnetic clasp of the previous generation has been replaced with a traditional buckle under the chin, securing the straps, which are now narrower, at just 10mm, to reduce the chances of any flapping noise.
ANGi-ready, sensor available to be purchased separately.
- Enlarged front vents help increase ventilation
- Rear diffuser for aero and ventilation benefits
- MIPS Air Node is MIPS' lightest and most ventilation-focused safety solution - 5-star Virginia Tech® helmet rating
- Precision, full wrap polycarbonate shell increases durability and gives a premium finish
- Dual-density optimised EPS foam
- ANGi-ready, ultra-light Mindset micro-dial fit system with height adjustability offers the perfect fit
- Adjustable tri-fix web splitter boosts comfort through a personalised fit
- Occipital Base Adjustment optimises comfort by personalising fit to individual head shape
- Helmet angle can be optimised for compatibility with glasses
- Manufacturer claimed weight: 260 grams (small) / 270 grams (medium) / 300 grams (large)