Specialized S-Works Tarmac eTap Road Bike 2017
As far as race bikes go, the Specialized S-Works Tarmac needs little introduction. Having taken victories at every Grand Tour and a whole clutch of Monuments, this is a road bike with an incredible racing pedigree. A potent combination of SRAM's top-end eTap groupset and a premium carbon frame, this bike is light, stiff and built for speed.
The centrepiece of this bike is the lightweight frameset, constructed from Specialized's FACT 11r carbon. This advanced carbon fibre construction is both stiff and lightweight, but in the case of this bike that's only half of the story. This Tarmac has been built according to Specialized's Rider-First Engineered philosophy, meaning that every frame size has been built according to the needs of the rider of that bike. Instead of one set of tube profiles blindly applied across the line-up, each and every one of these frame sizes has been tailored to provide the optimum blend of stiffness and low weight.
The SRAM Red eTap groupset, meanwhile, provides the slick and reliable shifting that electronic setups are renowned for. The fact that Red eTap is also one of the lightest groupsets of its kind is yet another credit to this bike's formidable climbing credentials, helping to shave precious grams from an already svelte profile.
The bike is finished off with a set of Roval CLX 40 clinchers featuring a carbon construction and CeramicSpeed bearings that keep the wheelset lightweight and fast-rolling. An S-Works carbon seatpost helps to add an extra touch of riding compliance, while the Specialized Toupé saddle provides a comfortable, all-day riding perch.
- Lightweight FACT 11r frameset is stiff and superbly lightweight
- SRAM Red eTap groupset provides flawless electronic shifting
- Carbon Roval CLX 40 wheels are both lightweight and fast-rolling
- Rider-First Engineered frameset provides unmatched ride quality and handling
Note: Image shown for representation of colour way only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: Specialized S-Works FACT 11r, Rider-First Engineered™, OSBB, full internal, electronic-specific routing, internally integrated seat clamp, 130mm rear spacing
- FORK: Specialized S-Works FACT carbon, full monocoque, size-specific taper
- STEM: Specialized S-Works SL, alloy, titanium bolts, 6-degree rise
- HANDLEBAR: Specialized S-Works SL carbon Shallow Drop, 125mm drop, 75mm reach
- TAPE: Specialized Roubaix with sticky gel
- FRONT BRAKE: SRAM Red 22
- REAR BRAKE: SRAM Red 22
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: SRAM eTap, braze-on
- REAR DERAILLEUR: SRAM eTap, 11-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS: SRAM eTap
- CASSETTE: SRAM Red 22, 11-28t
- CHAIN: SRAM Red 22, 11-speed
- CRANKSET: SRAM Red 22
- BOTTOM BRACKET: SRAM BB30, 83mm
- PEDALS: N/A
- FRONT WHEEL: Roval CLX 40, carbon 40mm depth rim, carbon hub shell, CeramicSpeed bearings, 18h, clincher
- REAR WHEEL: Roval CLX 40, carbon 40mm depth rim, DT Swiss 240 internals, Ceramic Speed bearings, 24h, clincher
- FRONT TYRE: Specialized Turbo Cotton, 700x24mm, clincher
- REAR TYRE: Specialized Turbo Cotton, 700x24mm, clincher
- SADDLE: Specialized Body Geometry S-Works Toupé, carbon rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST: Specialized S-Works FACT carbon, 20mm offset
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), rotate and tighten the handlebars following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
PRODUCT REF: 710210
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more