Specialized S-Works Venge Dura-Ace Di2 Disc Road Bike 2019
Famously aerodynamic and now impressively lightweight, the Specialized S-Works Venge Road Bike has been completely reimagined for 2019, earning it the impressive accolade of Road Superbike of the Year by Road.cc.
At Specialized, "Aero is Everything", so it stands to reason that their flagship aerodynamic road bike has been designed with such great care and attention in order to shave off 8 seconds over 40km compared to the previous version. An impressive feat, but when you consider this bike is 460 grams lighter than its predecessor, that's astounding.
By designing their tube shapes with advanced computer modelling before testing them in their own wind tunnel, Specialized have discovered the goldilocks formula. They claim that the Venge's Rider-First Engineered™ FACT 11r carbon fibre layup is the lightest possible construction for a frame this aerodynamic.
The new innovative cockpit has some key features that make the front end of the bike extremely clean-looking and aerodynamic. To maximise this, the frameset is compatible with electronic groupsets only, with the hosing for the hydraulic disc brakes entering the frame via the top cap of the headset.
The S-Works Aerofly II handlebar features a slight up-sweep that creates an ergonomically comfortable position for the hands when resting on the tops. This (along with the headset top cap) also contributes to a touch-point geometry that matches the much-loved Specialized Tarmac SL6.
The Specialized S-Works power cranks accurately measure your power output from both legs, and has an accuracy of plus or minus 1.5%. Equipped with a full Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 groupset with hydraulic disc brakes, the very best in electronic shifting and modulated braking makes every element of this bike a pleasure to operate.
Rolling on a set of Roval CLX 64 Disc wheels, the aerodynamic performance is further enhanced. With CeramicSpeed bearings, this wheelset should roll with ease for thousands of miles. Tyre clearance is guaranteed for tyres labelled up to 30mm wide, but the frame can accept up to 32mm of actual width to allow for inflation discrepancies.
- Rider-First Engineered™ FACT 11r Venge carbon fibre frame is the most aerodynamic ever created by Specialized
- Considerably lighter than previous model and competitor aero bikes
- Dual sided S-Works power cranks with +/- 1.5% accuracy
- Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 electronic groupset
- Hydraulic disc brakes
- Roval CLX 64 Disc wheelset with CeramicSpeed bearings
- Over 30mm tyre clearance
- FRAME: Specialized S-Works FACT 11r carbon, Rider-First Engineered™, Win Tunnel
- Engineered, internal electric only cable routing, OSBB, 12x142mm thruaxle, flat-mount disc
- FORK: Specialized S-Works FACT 11r carbon, 100x12mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc
- STEM: 2019 Specialized Venge integrated stem, 6-degree
- HANDLEBAR: Specialized S-Works Aerofly II, 80mm reach x 130mm drop
- FRONT BRAKE: Shimano Dura-Ace R9170, hydraulic disc
- REAR BRAKE: Shimano Dura-Ace R9170, hydraulic disc
- BRAKE LEVERS: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 Disc R9170
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 R9150, braze-on
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 R9150, 11-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 R9170
- CASSETTE: Shimano Dura-Ace 9100, 11-speed, 11-28t
- CRANKSET: Specialized S-Works Power Cranks, dual-sided power measurement, +/- 1.5% accuracy
- FRONT WHEEL: Roval CLX 64 Disc rim, Roval AFD1, Center Lock™, CeramicSpeed bearings, 21h
- REAR WHEEL: Roval CLX 64 Disc, carbon, tubeless-ready, Win Tunnel Engineered, 64mm depth, DT Swiss 240 internals, CeramicSpeed bearings, 24h
- FRONT TYRE: Specialized Turbo Cotton, 320 TPI, 700x26mm
- REAR TYRE: Specialized Turbo Cotton, 320 TPI, 700x26mm
- SADDLE: Specialized S-Works Power, 143mm, carbon rails, carbon base, synthetic leather
- SEATPOST: 2019 Specialized S-Works Venge aero seatpost, FACT carbon, Di2-compatible
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), attach the handlebars to the stem and tighten them following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
Please note, occasionally, manufacturers may change the specification without notice. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
PRODUCT REF: 893499
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more