Specialized Tarmac SL5 Comp Road Bike 2018
The Tarmac is Specialized's flagship all-round race bike, and for good reason - no other range offers the same potent blend of low weight, frame stiffness, and nimble handling. Having taken victories in Grand Tours, Monuments and Classics the whole world over, the Tarmac's Palmares is a long one. The SL5 Comp Road Bike offers all the market-leading performance technologies you would expect from a Tarmac, but has been presented here at a more accessible price point for the aspiring racer that accepts no compromises.
The centrepiece of this bike is the FACT 10r carbon frameset. Lightweight and super-stiff, this frame provides the perfect platform for your efforts, helping to transmit every ounce of your power into the road without ever letting you down, even when the road rises skywards. The frame has been designed in accordance with Specialized's Rider-First Engineering principle, meaning that every single frame tube and the entire carbon layup has been optimised for each specific frame size. This means that each bike has been carefully honed to suit the physiological needs of each and every rider, resulting in consistent ride quality and handling capabilities across the range of sizes.
This outstanding frame is specced with a full Shimano Ultegra groupset, providing flawless shifting as well as impressive power transmission through the cranks. The Ultegra calipers, meanwhile, ensure powerful braking performance, allowing you to modulate your speed through corners with precision and control.
The Roval SLX wheelset is a lightweight, shallow-section option perfectly suited for taking on punishing ascents, with the DT Swiss hubs guaranteeing the low rolling-resistance you need to keep those cranks turning over all day long. These wheels are shod with Specialized's S-Works Turbo clinchers, a fast-rolling set of tyres that lend supple grip on the corners and speed on the flats.
This impressively specced package is rounded out with a Specialized Comp carbon seatpost for that added touch of riding comfort, while the Toupe Comp Gel saddle is the perfect all-day riding perch.
- Specialized FACT 10r carbon frame
- Internal cable routing
- Tapered fork for improved handling and comfort
- Shimano Ultegra R8000 groupset
- Lightweight, durable Roval SLX 24 rims
Please note: Image shown for representation of colourway only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: Specialized Tarmac SL5, FACT 10r carbon, Rider-First Engineered™, compact race design, 1-3/8" lower bearing, threaded BB, 130mm spacing
- FORK: Specialized S-Works FACT full carbon, size-specific taper
- STEM: Specialized, 3D forged alloy, 4-bolt, 7-degree rise
- HANDLEBAR: Specialized Shallow Drop, 6061, 70x125mm, 31.8mm clamp
- TAPE: Specialized S-Wrap with sticky gel
- FRONT BRAKE: Shimano Ultegra 8000
- REAR BRAKE: Shimano Ultegra 8000
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano Ultegra 8000, braze-on
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano Ultegra 8000, 11-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano Ultegra 8000, 11-speed
- CASSETTE: Shimano 105, 11-speed, 11-28t
- CHAIN: KMC X11EL, 11-speed with Missing Link™
- CRANKSET: Shimano Ultegra R8000
- CHAINRINGS: 52/36T
- BOTTOM BRACKET: Shimano Ultegra
- FRONT WHEEL: Roval SLX 24 Rim, DT Swiss 350 hub
- REAR WHEEL: Roval SLX 24 Rim, DT Swiss 350 hub
- FRONT TYRE: Specialized S-Works Turbo, 120 TPI, 700 x 24mm
- REAR TYRE: Specialized S-Works Turbo, 120 TPI, 700 x 24mm
- SADDLE: Specialized Toupe Comp Gel, 143mm, hollow Cr-Mo
- SEATPOST: Specialized Comp carbon, single bolt
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), attach the handlebars to the stem and tighten them following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
Please note, occasionally, manufacturers may change the specification without notice. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
PRODUCT REF: 747118
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more