Trek 520 Disc Adventure Road Bike 2018
Whether it's full-blown touring or the daily commute, the Trek 520 Disc Adventure Road Bike 2018 is designed to be the ultimate steel touring bike. Designed for comfort and durability with low touring mounts on the front and rear to stabilise heavy loads, the 520 Disc is more than capable of hitting the road less travelled.
If you are commuting or touring you are going to want to be comfortable and with Trek's balanced geometry you will be. With a more upright riding position and high level of stability, this bike is ready to go the distance.
Braking power is accounted for with Hayes' powerful CX mechanical disc brakes. Carrying heavy loads requires a wide range of gears for getting up those steep gradients and Shimano's 9-speed groupset is more than ready to accommodate these needs. The 11-32 cassette and triple crankset are perfect for powering up climbs and maintaining a high speed on the flat.
Bontrager's hard wearing AW1 32mm-wide tyres provide plenty of traction and puncture protection and their extra width is perfect for when the road turns rough.
- Low touring mounts front and rear stabilise heavy loads
- Mechanical disc brakes give you reliable all-weather stopping power
- Balanced geometry is ultra-stable even when fully loaded
- Weight: 13.08kg (53cm)
- FRAME: Trek butted chromoly disc touring, rack & mudguard mounts
- FORK: Trek Chromoly Touring Disc w/lowrider mounts
- HEADSET: VP Slimstak, sealed semi-cartridge bearings
- STEM: Bontrager Elite, 31.8mm, 7-degree, comes w/computer & light mounts
- HANDLEBARS: Bontrager Race, VR-C, 31.8mm
- GRIPS: Bontrager gel cork tape
- FRONT BRAKE: Hayes CX Expert mechanical disc brakes
- REAR BRAKE: Hayes CX Expert mechanical disc brakes
- BRAKE LEVERS: Tektro RL340 alloy levers
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano Alivio
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano Deore
- SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano Dura-Ace 9000 bar end control, 9-speed
- CASSETTE: Shimano HG50, 11-32, 9-speed
- CHAIN: KMC X9
- CRANKSET: Shimano Trekking M590 48/36/26 w/chainguard
- PEDALS: NA
- FRONT WHEEL: Shimano M475 hubs, Bontrager Tubeless Ready rims
- REAR WHEEL: Shimano M475 hubs, Bontrager Tubeless Ready rims
- FRONT TYRE: Bontrager AW1 Hard-Case, 700x32c
- REAR TYRE: Bontrager AW1 Hard-Case, 700x32c
- SADDLE: Bontrager Evoke 1
- SEATPOST: Bontrager SSR, 2-bolt head, 27.2mm, 12mm offset
PRODUCT REF: 653356
Requesting the size guide for this item.
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more