Trek Domane SL 5 Disc Womens Road Bike 2019
If you're looking for an endurance road bike that excels over long distances, then you won't find many better than the Trek Domane SL 5 Disc. Specced with an extremely lightweight frameset, a full Shimano 105 groupset as well as Trek's innovative IsoSpeed suspension system, this bike is an incredibly effective machine when it comes to ticking off long distance rides with ease. Built according to a women's-specific geometry with specially optimised touchpoint componentry, this is a top quality road bike designed to keep you riding in total comfort.
When it comes to comfort, Trek are the true market-leaders - and this bike is a great example of that. The Domane SL 5 Disc is specced with both Trek's front and rear IsoSpeed suspension units - two groundbreaking design features nested into the headset and seat tube-top tube junction which allows for the frame to flex under impact from the road surface. Whereas other manufacturers have experimented with dedicated telescopic suspension units, Trek's method manages to incorporate a degree of compliance whilst retaining all the stiffness and handling of a traditionally constructed road bike. The result is a bike with a buttery-smooth ride quality, one that soaks up even the harshest of road surfaces.
This frame is specced out with Shimano's latest 105 groupset. A comprehensive upgrade to the previous 5800 groupset, 105 7000 is ultra-reliable and provides endlessly impressive value for money. The inclusion of hydraulic disc brakes, meanwhile, lend the bike very impressive stopping power as well as superb modulation, even in adverse weather conditions. The combination of a compact 50/34 chainset and the 11-32 cassette gives you a wide range of gears, with plenty of depth for taking on steep gradients with ease.
The bike's endurance credentials are further improved by the wide, 32mm Bontrager R1 tyres, giving you the benefit of both increased grip and traction as well as a plush and comfortable ride. The Bontrager Affinity wheelset is also fully tubeless-ready, so you can make the upgrade to even lower tyre pressures should you wish.
- Lightweight 500 Series OCLV Carbon frameset keeps weight to a bare minimum
- Tubeless ready wheelset gives you great upgrade potential
- Front and rear IsoSpeed gives you the benefit of sector leading comfort and compliance
- 105 groupset lends impressive, reliable performance at a price that won't be beaten
- FRAME: Trek Domane 500 Series OCLV Carbon, Front & Rear IsoSpeed, tapered head tube, BB90, flat mount disc brakes, 12mm thru-axle, internal cable routing, hidden mudguard mounts, 3S chain keeper, DuoTrap S compatible, Ride Tuned seatmast
- FORK: Trek Domane carbon disc, carbon tapered steerer, flat mount disc brakes, 12 mm thru-axle
- HEADSET: Integrated, cartridge bearing, sealed, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- STEM: Bontrager Elite, 31.8 mm, 7-degree, with computer and light mounts
- HANDLEBAR: Bontrager Comp VR-S, 31.8 mm
- BAR TAPE: Bontrager tape
- FRONT BRAKE: Shimano 105 flat mount hydraulic disc
- REAR BRAKE: Shimano 105 flat mount hydraulic disc
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano 105, braze-on
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano 105
- SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano 105, 11-speed
- CASSETTE: Shimano 105, 11-32, 11-speed
- CHAIN: Shimano 105
- CRANKSET: Shimano 105, 50/34 (compact)
- BOTTOM BRACKET: BB90
- PEDALS: NA
- FRONT WHEEL: Bontrager Affinity Tubeless Ready Disc rim, Bontrager alloy sealed bearing, 12mm thru-axle
- REAR WHEEL: Bontrager Affinity Tubeless Ready Disc rim, Bontrager alloy sealed bearing, 12mm thru-axle
- FRONT TYRE: Bontrager R1 Hard-Case Lite, 700x32c
- REAR TYRE: Bontrager R1 Hard-Case Lite, 700x32c
- SADDLE: Bontrager Ajna Comp, chromoly rails
- SEATPOST: Bontrager Ride Tuned seatmast cap, 10mm offset
PRODUCT REF: 911694
Requesting the size guide for this item.
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more