Trek Emonda ALR 5 Road Bike 2018
Whether it's your first road bike or you're looking for a lightweight and responsive bike to take on crit and road races, Trek's Emonda ALR 5 could be ideal.
Trek's advanced 300 series aluminium is strong and light and offers a supreme ride feel to match many carbon counterparts. Balancing stiffness and compliance, you'll be able to enjoy every ride, without losing any of the sharp responsiveness. The added compliance ensures that this bike has got you covered, even on multiple day tours or when you hit gravel sections. Invisible Weld Technology gives the frame a seamless, clean look and improves strength while using less material. The Trek carbon fork soaks up road buzz to reduce the risk of fatigue to the hands and arms.
An H2 fit and geometry will suit the majority of riders and is chosen by many professionals. It will put you in the optimum position for efficient power transfer and overall performance.
Shimano 105 5800 11-speed components are extremely reliable and feature trickle-down performance technology from their top-end Dura Ace groupset. Shifting is smooth and precise, and braking is faultless, so you can take technical corners and fast descents at lightning speed, in full confidence. The compact chainset and wide-ranging 11-28 cassette provide you with plenty of gears to tackle every terrain, whether spinning up long alpine climbs or taking on long steep descents.
Bontrager's alloy wheels are tubeless-ready so you can change to a tubeless setup if you so wish. The combination of these wheels with Bontrager R1 clincher tyres offer a lightweight package with low rolling resistance and improved comfort.
Trek's Blendr system makes for easy installation of lights, GPS computers and other accessories for clean looks and user-friendliness.
- A dependable, lightweight race bike for longer, faster rides, and high-end ride quality
- 300 Series Alpha Aluminium for premium feel and near carbon weight
- Tapered head tube for sharp handling
- Shimano's 105 5800 groupset
Please note: Image shown for representation of colourway only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: Ultralight 300 Series Alpha Aluminium, Invisible Weld Technology, E2 tapered head tube, DuoTrap S compatible, BB86.5
- FORK: Trek Émonda carbon, carbon E2 steerer
- STEM: Bontrager Elite, 31.8 mm, 7-degree, w/computer and light mounts
- HANDLEBAR: Bontrager Race VR-C, 31.8 mm
- HANDLEBAR TAPE: Bontrager tape
- FRONT BRAKE: Shimano 105 5800
- REAR BRAKE: Shimano 105 5800
- BRAKE LEVERS: Shimano 105 5800, 11-speed
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano 105 5800, braze-on
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano 105 5800
- SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano 105 5800, 11-speed
- CASSETTE: Shimano 105 5800, 11-28, 11-speed
- CRANKSET: Shimano 105 5800, 50/34 (compact)
- FRONT WHEEL: Bontrager Tubeless Ready, alloy, clincher
- REAR WHEEL: Bontrager Tubeless Ready, alloy, clincher
- FRONT TYRE: Bontrager R1 Hard-Case Lite, 700 x 25c, clincher
- REAR TYRE: Bontrager R1 Hard-Case Lite, 700 x 25c, clincher
- SADDLE: Bontrager Montrose Comp, chromoly rails
- SEATPOST: Bontrager alloy, 2-bolt head, 27.2 mm, 8 mm offset
PRODUCT REF: 834779
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more